Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

This might be a simple job but never done it before so wanted a bit of advise, was going to do this when I get home from work tonight.

Is it a simple case of reaching around the bonnet and removing the headlamp, any advise of the best way to do it?

There are two bulbs in each headlight. Do I need to change both or just the one for the main light?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I've done mine bud, extremely easy, didn't have to remove a thing. Now those with big meety hands it's a struggle and some things may be removed. I'd advice replace both I the H7's in both headlights. If you struggle looks like I should make a picture guide to help you guys out since it's a popular modification at the minute
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
That would be good bud, still cant get mine in, was gonna hang on till I fit an induction kit as have to remove the filter, but that might not be for a while yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Feel embarrased I asked now! it was sooo easy!

Just unscrew the cap at the back, push the clip in and remove. Replace bulb and put back in... Simples! Looks so much better, brilliant mod for £5.50!

Only ordered two bulbs so only done the main at the moment but I will order some more tonight.

Getting my rear windows tinted at the weekend, should look awesome. I will post some pics of the mods I have done over the weekend if I get some time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
What bulbs did you go for in the end? I was looking at getting some decent Philips or Osram bulbs. However, the reviews on Amazon say the blue tints on the lights, which I would want to match the DRL's, are not all that visable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I have changed my dipped and main beam headlights to the xenon effect bulbs and after i turn my lights on i get a error message on my trip computer telling me to check the bulbs but they seem to be operating fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
curtis007 said:
I have changed my dipped and main beam headlights to the xenon effect bulbs and after i turn my lights on i get a error message on my trip computer telling me to check the bulbs but they seem to be operating fine
I get no error, what bulbs did you use?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
When u changed the bulbs did you have a hard time removing the plug connected to the bulb? Can't seem to pull it off, to get to the bulb to release the latch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Firmy said:
When u changed the bulbs did you have a hard time removing the plug connected to the bulb? Can't seem to pull it off, to get to the bulb to release the latch?
There's like a flat bit on the plug which acts as a clip to hold it in place. You pull up and it should come out dead easy. Then you can just pull the bulb off and put the new ones in. The hard part is getting the plug in since you have to match it up with two guide rails and push it in until it clicks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
goku said:
Firmy said:
When u changed the bulbs did you have a hard time removing the plug connected to the bulb? Can't seem to pull it off, to get to the bulb to release the latch?
There's like a flat bit on the plug which acts as a clip to hold it in place. You pull up and it should come out dead easy. Then you can just pull the bulb off and put the new ones in. The hard part is getting the plug in since you have to match it up with two guide rails and push it in until it clicks.
Ah right cheers for that mate. Normally they just pull off but it weren't having it lol. Now I know why. Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I changed mine and whenever I was parked with the engine running it said "service battery charging system" put the standard bulbs back and not had the message again? Suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
JoshJamesBmx19 said:
I changed mine and whenever I was parked with the engine running it said "service battery charging system" put the standard bulbs back and not had the message again? Suggestions?
Buy some quality bulbs instead of that ebay china crap ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
I just replaced mine with the hid kit of lush lighting and wow...what a difference in looks and brightness...well impresses with them..
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top