Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the E has check control? At least on the higher specs with multi function computer.

For those who don't know what that is or have never heard of it traditionally higher spec Vauxhall as far back as the late 80s had the trip computer in a more basic form and the display panel where the radio info, time and outside temp is would come up with messages like "oil level low" "coolant level low" "check left tail light" that sort of thing. My old Astra H Design had it, but then later Vauxhall removed the trip computer completely on later models and gave them the basic TID display, it did eventually get reinstated to the spec but minus the check control, now I've seen its been fitted back in to higher spec Astras and Insignias with the graphic info and highline displays, which the multi function computer equipped Corsas have similar dash instrument panels and the functions, layout and features of the display look the same but I can't find any reference to check control in the online literature or owners manuals

·
Registered
90 Posts
hendry said:
Does anyone know if the E has check control? At least on the higher specs with multi function computer.

For those who don't know what that is or have never heard of it traditionally higher spec Vauxhall as far back as the late 80s had the trip computer in a more basic form and the display panel where the radio info, time and outside temp is would come up with messages like "oil level low" "coolant level low" "check left tail light" that sort of thing. My old Astra H Design had it, but then later Vauxhall removed the trip computer completely on later models and gave them the basic TID display, it did eventually get reinstated to the spec but minus the check control, now I've seen its been fitted back in to higher spec Astras and Insignias with the graphic info and highline displays, which the multi function computer equipped Corsas have similar dash instrument panels and the functions, layout and features of the display look the same but I can't find any reference to check control in the online literature or owners manuals
It defiantly shows a fault code if something is amiss such as code 3 = Coolant level low.

It also comes up with a message with certain faults and if accessories are switched off ect..

If this has completely missed your question and doesn't help please ignore me :roll:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hijamie32 said:
hendry said:

It defiantly shows a fault code if something is amiss such as code 3 = Coolant level low.

It also comes up with a message with certain faults and if accessories are switched off ect..

If this has completely missed your question and doesn't help please ignore me :roll:
Yeah I know it will come up with messages because I've had the one for low tyre pressure and if I leave my wiper stalk on the first notch up all the time each time I start the car it comes up "rain sensor activated" or something like that and if I switch my auto lights off it comes up "automatic lighting control off" and some base model Merivas and Astra Js come up with "code 82" for example, which means change engine oil, and Corsa DS come up "Insp 2" which means a bulb is blown, but the Insignia and Astra J high specs come up with a proper message with icons, like so:

·
Registered
90 Posts
hendry said:
hijamie32 said:
hendry said:

Yeah I know it will come up with messages because I've had the one for low tyre pressure and if I leave my wiper stalk on the first notch up all the time each time I start the car it comes up "rain sensor activated" or something like that and if I switch my auto lights off it comes up "automatic lighting control off" and some base model Merivas and Astra Js come up with "code 82" for example, which means change engine oil, and Corsa DS come up "Insp 2" which means a bulb is blown, but the Insignia and Astra J high specs come up with a proper message with icons, like so:

Fair enough, just ignore me then. Thought that was to easy an answer :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I haven't had any real issue yet so don't know what other warnings come up but I've had the ice warning appear on the dash with an ice symbol and little warning message so I guess there may be others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts