Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered one of these along with the stainless steel sill plates and the boot cargo liner with the £150 accessories voucher I got from Vx as part of my goodwill compo

Just wondered if anyone else has already bought one and knows how it fits?

For those who don't know, some models of E come with a hidden exhaust tailpipe (Life, Design, Sting, n/a Excites) which is just a peashooter type, then other models come with the visible oval exhaust tailpipe in mild steel (SRi and 1.4 T Excites for example) then LE and VX Lines come with the visible oval exhaust tail pipe again in mild steel but with a chrome/stainless steel sleeve over the mild steel one to give the look/effect of a stainless exhaust which is welded in 2 places to the bottom of the mild steel tailpipe, only now Vauxhall sell the chrome/stainless steel sleeve bit as an accessory for those with a visible tailpipe without the chrome/stainless bit factory fitted To add to give them the stainless exhaust effect or to match the style of the LE/Vx Line but as it's an accessory You can buy over the counter I'm going to assume it doesn't need to have the 2 welds on the bottom Like the factory one does as otherwise the dealer would only be selling it as a fitted accessory you need to book the car in to have fitted so how is it likely to be fitted/held securely in place?

Ps £48 for this is a rip off, You could buy a proper custom stainless backbox for another £50 or the genuine Vx accessory Remus backbox so if it was my money not a chance I'd pay this much, considering whoever Vauxhall buy them from they are bought in such a vast amount they probably cost Vauxhall about a fiver to buy, also a rip off considering that up until 63 plate these were standard on SXi/SRI spec Ds until more Vx penny pinching removed it from the SXi.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I see, those instructions are still for the chrome tips, but rather than for the oval LE style its for the rectangular OPC style
This is for the LE oval type:
http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13447810.pdf
By the looks of it you just push it in fully and its got some sort of lugs to keep it put

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the last picture in that PDF guide all about, seems to suggest once it's been fitted you can't remove it again?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd guess so, if you look closely to the diagram, there seem to be some sort of fingers inside the chrome tip that wedge into the tailpipe. So once its pushed in you wont be able to take it out. If you already have the crome tip post a pic of it so we can better see how it works.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went to my dealer to see about purchasing one but I was told that it's only suitable for the 1.0 litre turbo and mines the 1.4t. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
bobtheslark said:
I went to my dealer to see about purchasing one but I was told that it's only suitable for the 1.0 litre turbo and mines the 1.4t. Can anyone confirm this?
While i can't confirm, i suspect that it's suitable for both Turbo engines as they have the same Exhaust from what i've seen.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bobtheslark said:
They are talking rubbish, it fits any E with the visible oval exhaust tail pipe which doesn't already have the chrome tip on it from factory, check my members cars topic for pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hendry said:
Just ordered one of these along with the stainless steel sill plates and the boot cargo liner with the £150 accessories voucher I got from Vx as part of my goodwill compo
Hi hendry,

Did you manage to fit this in the end? Was it a simple modification? Considering to get one for my SRI too, as the exhaust tip just looks awful.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I fitted it, it was fairly simple, a bit fiddly but you just have to be a bit heavy handed, the instructions tell you to make sure theres not a gap between the edge of the original tailpipe and the chrome tailpipe but due to the design of it th top and sides with flush but the bottom is slightly gappy, I simply got the flat and of a hammer and wrapped an old towel round it and tapped the bottom a few times to get it tighter. Theres pics in my members cars section topic. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the chrome tip that's for corsa E fit corsa D Sri models? I've just had a new oval back box fitted and it didn't come with a chrome tip which is annoying as it now looks silly without it.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts