Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the interior and registration bulbs to led.

Then a code came on the dash saying code 24 with a picture of the handbook.

I don't have my handbook yet, so can anyone look it up for me and tell me what it says?

I'm guessing it is to do with the LEDs.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took the LEDs out and the code went away.

Code 24 is a registration light fault.

I bought canbus error free LEDs as well.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I thought you had to fit resistors when swapping filament bulbs to LED? The LED will draw far less power and this often leads to problems. I have had the same when swapping indicator lights to LED, my flasher unit stopped working!

Why change them anyway - is it just to get a different colour?

G

·
Some LED's have built in resistance, had LED's in my Black Edition D in the number plate lights, DRL's, all interiors and front fogs and no errors displayed. Haven't tried them in the E yet, might try them over Easter.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are supposed to have a resistor built in.

I just want them nice and white.

I put them in the interior and boot and no errors came up, so I'm guessing you can put any LEDs inside.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Makes sense, an exterior lighting failure could get you stopped and would certainly fail an MOT so a nice feature to detect bulb failures as they happen. I tend to check my lights before setting off to work anyway but always useful to have. They must have changed the threshold at which the current draw trips the warning?

Once you have it sorted can you post a picture of the before and after shots of the exterior lights so we can see the difference in colour?

G

·
With thD's we found that the 'cheaper' LED's were bringing up canbus errors and/or not working properly (especially the DRL's but the ones bought from proper vehicle lighting companies had a better track record.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts