Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't got it yet, so can't really check and I can't imagine anything being the slot within the boot. But in the boot, my work colleague has a compressor which I think is a brilliant idea, like so which appears to be on the VXR.

I was wondering what you'd need to do, to make something similar or rather where you could join it onto in the boot.

Do you need Vauxhall Alloys due to the tyre pressure monitoring system, does anyone have that official parts store url for Vauxhall as I thought I've bookmarked it - got it off here initially.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Not entirely sure what you're really asking here.

Unless you specified a spare wheel, the corsa comes with a compressor and tyre repair though it is just situated in the spare wheel hole.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LimeyUK said:

Unless you specified a spare wheel, the corsa comes with a compressor and tyre repair though it is just situated in the spare wheel hole.
Yeah, I'm aware of the compressor however I happen to look after all my family's cars and I've got a portable one and it's just a pain to use and constantly plug in, whereas their idea on the VXR where you open your boot, pull the tube out is much easier and convenient.

Was also wondering whether you need 'vauxhall' alloys or else you'll get a tyre pressure warning everytime you start the car?!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Matthew said:
LimeyUK said:

Yeah, I'm aware of the compressor however I happen to look after all my family's cars and I've got a portable one and it's just a pain to use and constantly plug in, whereas their idea on the VXR where you open your boot, pull the tube out is much easier and convenient.

Was also wondering whether you need 'vauxhall' alloys or else you'll get a tyre pressure warning everytime you start the car?!
The compressor supplied is supposed to be used with the tyre repair bottle. You need to take the whole compressor out of the boot with the cable and plug it into the 12v like every other air compressor.

To change the tyres and stop the TPMS warning. You need to get a sensor put in every wheel. They need to be calibrated to the cars tyre pressure monitor system.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Matthew said:
LimeyUK said:

Ah I get you.

With the alloys, they just need to have the same TPMS on them, then they'd be fine after they're calibrated by VX.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My compressor is built in the right hand panel like that and is wired in, all though I do have flex-fit fitted which takes the space of the spare wheel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts