Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have taken out the compressor and tyre seal and replaced with a spare wheel. Does anyone know if the compressor can be used with out the sealant to simply blow tyres up

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes you can use the compressor with out the sealant to inflate tyres I've tried it myself

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both. Gonna put it in the car then with the spare wheel.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
joeboy said:
I have a ring rac 630 in my right hand side compartment in the boot.

Fits in perfectly.
The LEs compressor and sealant are in the side compartments, usually already connected to power too.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Klesmy said:
Hi all I have taken out the compressor and tyre seal and replaced with a spare wheel. Does anyone know if the compressor can be used with out the sealant to simply blow tyres up
is it a space saver? if so where did you source it and does your boot floor carpet thing have reinforced underside?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got genuine Vauxhall steel rim and a tyre for 60 delivered from tyreleader.co.uk all I had to do was have the tyre fitted to the rim which when I spoke to my regular garage they did for nothing!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a 15" rim and I just got a larger tyre. Fits in the spare wheel well fine no problems.

The 60 was wheel and tyre delivered from Germany!!!!

A quick heads up after I paid the bank rang to check because the are based in Germany and it looked like fraud but I got the wheel and tyre within 4 days

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
joeboy said:

Fits in perfectly.
The LEs compressor and sealant are in the side compartments, usually already connected to power too.
This is what I thought too but apparently some do, whilst others dont and have theirs under the boot carpet like other specs, I think Anthony said his LE had the kit and compressor under the boot floor.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
LimeyUK said:
joeboy said:

Fits in perfectly.
yep mine was under the carpet. And I have a LE

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Huh, that's strange - do you have anything that uses the sides?

Why would some have it in the side and some not?

·
Registered
342 Posts
The sides in my boot just have electric looms running through them and everything else is under the carpet

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I assume you can remove the compressor itself, but it is just wired in.

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Huh, that's strange - do you have anything that uses the sides?

Why would some have it in the side and some not?
It's a Vauxhall, these odd differences for no real reason are a common Vauxhall idiosyncrasie that has gone on for years. :lol:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine is now satin the spare wheel with other tools. The sides of the boot have nothing in and are too small to fit much in

1 - 20 of 24 Posts