Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Looking for a bit of help as I’m not great with cars (probably shouldn’t say that!!) I have a 2015 corsa 1.4 turbo Ltd edition.

I was driving for about 30 minutes at around 60mph to then see smoke from the back, pulled over and checked under the bonnet and one of the hoses had come off jubilee clip still on spilling coolant all over engine bay

Managed to get it back on but as you’ll see in pictures, not sure if this is the thermostat housing but the plastic where hose goes on seems snapped or broken slightly?

Just over a year ago the thermostat housing was replaced due to a leak but I don’t know if it’s replaced as one unit so this plastic bit at the front shouldn’t have been snapped or is it something that can just happen?

As mentioned, not sure if that is indeed the housing or something else? My dad reattached the hose using a new jubilee clip as seen in the photo with red circle but I’m just worried it blows off again?

car is going in for a service in a week and a bit so will mention it to garage but just wanted some views on here please?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you - so looks like the plastic bit the hose goes onto on the water outlet has snapped/rotted away, is that normal or just sometimes happens?

Will the hose likely come off again soon do you think? There’s some sort of leak now since the incident and feels like it runs down the hose so I’m thinking it’s leaking from where the plastic looked broken?

·
Registered
115 Posts
The housing has a lip where the hose goes on to make it nice and tight,that part looks as though it's still in the rubber hose.
It's a special clamp that's used on it as well, not a jubilee clip,(part number13162312)
i would recommend you replace that at the same time.
The cooling system is pressurised to 20psi,if you try running for long with it like that the hose will almost certainly come off again risking the engine drastically overheating,personally i wouldn't run it like it, too much risk of damaging the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I was going to ask the garage to check it when in for a service.

So take it that whole bit needs replaced cos the lip bit/end where the hose goes on looks broken, is it expensive to normally get done?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes it's the complete housing (see my earlier link)
it's a simple enough job to do but i wouldn't run it for a week before sorting it,
the cost of replacement vs head gasket gone or new engine is not worth the risk,especially if you're not good with cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts