Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can I find an exhaust system ?
4 - 1 manifold , main section and back box etc ?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
sb93 said:
aye a seen that that itself wouldn't make it sound good tho would it ?
You'd have to define 'good sound' for us to be able to tell you.

No modded exhaust system on any cars such as the corsa make them sound good. Plus most people just think you look like an idiot as you drive round chav-central.

The 1.4T sounds superb on its own though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dunno how you can explain a noise by message haha that's exactly what a dont want though looking like a chav

aknow what your saying without a turbo but a had a 1.4 before full system manifold and drilled airbox and it sounded good

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
You'd have to define 'good sound' for us to be able to tell
My V8 Land Rover purred at idle but on pressing the loud pedal it would produce a deep guttural growl that vibrated your internal organs and made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. :)

I think the thing here is whether the sound is proportional to the performance and engine size.

In my case the deep growl was perfectly acceptable because it was a race spec highly modified 4.6 litre V8 that in the 1990's could out accelerate many high performance cars.

In the case of a 1.2 or 1.4 Corsa, trying to make it sound like a V8 will simply result in people laughing and labelling you a chav because the cars engine and performance doesn't match the noise.

As I proved to a young chap a few months ago, sticking a big bore exhaust on a small engine reduces torque and makes the car slower which makes it even more embarrassing when an old Land Rover or my stock exhaust'd 1.4T or even a granny in a disability vehicle leaves them standing at the lights :)

A loud crackling and spitting exhaust on a VXR is also perfectly acceptable due to its performance however it is not really needed for performance. A friend of mine has a very fast 240bhp grey import Civic type R used for track days and yet it runs with a bone stock factory exhaust system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your post doesn't help aknow what your saying if a wanted it to sound like a vxr or a v8 a would have bought one of them as a do a lot of miles a went for something that is going to be better on fuel

never mentioned a big bore exhaust am not a chav or expecting it to sound like a Ferrari

Just something that make it sound decent nothing major only asking for opinions not on performance or land rovers I understand that it will still be as slow

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
sb93 said:
your post doesn't help aknow what your saying if a wanted it to sound like a vxr or a v8 a would have bought one of them as a do a lot of miles a went for something that is going to be better on fuel

never mentioned a big bore exhaust am not a chav or expecting it to sound like a Ferrari

Just something that make it sound decent nothing major only asking for opinions not on performance or land rovers I understand that it will still be as slow
You're not really going to get a good sound out of the 1.4na. It will likely just turn out to be chavvy.

If you really want to give a bit of depth in the noise, then go for a cone filter. Problem is that many cone filters go ridiculously deep.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
sb93 said:
only asking for opinions
That is what you got.

You haven't defined 'sounds good' and you can't anyway as it is subjective. What sounds good to you may simply sound crap or annoying to another person.

I used the reference to the Land Rover in relation to Limeys comment of clarifying what sounds good :)

You drive an LE (like me) so you are already 90% of the way to being a Chav, adding a different exhaust* just takes you one step closer to full Chav :mrgreen:

EDIT: * Akin to driving around in a bright yellow LE

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
sb93 said:
only asking for opinions
That is what you got.

You haven't defined 'sounds good' and you can't anyway as it is subjective. What sounds good to you may simply sound crap or annoying to another person.
This is more what i was insinuating :lol:

mud4fun said:
I used the reference to the Land Rover in relation to Limeys comment of clarifying what sounds good :)

You drive an LE (like me) so you are already 90% of the way to being a Chav, adding a different exhaust* just takes you one step closer to full Chav :mrgreen:

EDIT: * Akin to driving around in a bright yellow LE
I think it's more 75% towards being a chav, and then if you've lowered it, that's an extra 15%, then the exhaust rounds off the next 10% :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you's want to consider yourselfs chavs then that's upto you's but because I have a corsa doesn't mean I am a chav

simple answer would have done come filter like you said you maybe a certain exhaust that just makes it sound a bit better but no trying to be something that it's not

dont seen to be able to get an decent answer haha it's no a corsa c with a bodykit lads it's a brand new motor

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
At nearly 50 I'm probably too old to be allowed in the Chav club ;-)

However I'll wager alot of money that if I parked my bright yellow LE in McDonalds car park and you walked around getting views from all other diners a large % would call it chavvy. All my work colleagues and friends consider it to be a chavs car. Not that I really care myself.

How many miles have you done on your car?

Mine didn't start to sound right until it had loosened up after 5K miles or so. Now done 9K miles and it has developed a distinct and pleasant growl under hard acceleration. Mine has stock exhaust and filter. If yours hasn't fully run in yet you won't really be experiencing what it should sound like.

·
Registered
47 Posts
sb93 said:
if you's want to consider yourselfs chavs then that's upto you's but because I have a corsa doesn't mean I am a chav

simple answer would have done come filter like you said you maybe a certain exhaust that just makes it sound a bit better but no trying to be something that it's not

dont seen to be able to get an decent answer haha it's no a corsa c with a bodykit lads it's a brand new motor
Don't let them get to you, theyre just jesting :lol:

Could consider me a chav if you like however I know im not. If its tastefully modified then its classy. For example some may call me a chav for getting my VXR tinted, full new turbo back exhaust, new engine silicone hoses in red, new intercooler and the rest... Some even say stupid for voiding the warranty, but do I care, no!

Do whatever you like and what makes you happy ;)

Where are you located? If its north west like myself theres an excellent place called Pipewerx that do custom exhausts and don't cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Limey said:
I think it's more 75% towards being a chav, and then if you've lowered it, that's an extra 15%, then the exhaust rounds off the next 10%
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Ghoman87 said:

Could consider me a chav if you like however I know im not. If its tastefully modified then its classy. For example some may call me a chav for getting my VXR tinted, full new turbo back exhaust, new engine silicone hoses in red, new intercooler and the rest... Some even say stupid for voiding the warranty, but do I care, no!

Where are you located? If its north west like myself theres an excellent place called Pipewerx that do custom exhausts and don't cost an arm and a leg.
Nah, VXR owners are more 'Essex Boy' than Chav ;-)

Not sure what group I'll fall into owning both...... :?: ;-)

You are quite correct though, do what pleases you. Just got to accept some gentle ribbing every now and then :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Ghoman87, not chavvy colour coding your hoses or detailing the engine bay - I do similar.

I spent 8 hours grinding and polishing the rough cast alloy parts on my wife's Land Rover despite the fact nobody ever really sees it.

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Grass Gas Bumper

Also has a cone on there at the moment, sounded good for first few days but induction roar gets annoying on a long drive.

Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

OP thinks he is getting ribbing from us, he should hear the comments I get from classic Land Rover rivet counters that are horrified by bling :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ghoman87 said:
sb93 said:

The VXR is too expensive to be chavvy :lol:

Let's be honest though, chav's can't afford a new car anyway... :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cheers ghoman87 a will do just looking to do a few mods nothing major and want some options on that subject

Aknow it's a bit of banter just want some helpful info haha

as you've said most people consider corsa as chavy but each to there own I am happy with a brand new car haha

1 - 20 of 31 Posts