Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a corsa led edition 15 plate,the start/stop wouldn't work,the clutch pedal creaked,the fan operated intermittently and the radio froze. Vauxhall had the car for a total of 4 out of the 16 weeks I owned it,they put 500 miles on the clock and returned it with the dashboard so badly fitted that there were gaps between .5cm up to a full 1cm. The interior and exterior were covered in oil, grease and silicone,the seat were stained,the gear knob and dash scratched and the footwell full of rubbish. The car had a new alternator fitted a new clutch box and components for the fan. Eventually Vauxhall accepted my rejection and I was given a 65 plate corsa. This too has a faulty s/s which I appear to have sorted by following the advise on this forum but,Vauxhall have informed me that they are aware of the creaky clutch and this is in fact a little characteristic of the vehicle and I just had to accept it! Has anyone else actually contacted Vauxhall directly about these problems,because according to them they have not received any other complaints accept from myself.

·
Registered
961 Posts
To be honest the creak from the clutch pedal is very common, ive had 3 Corsa courtesy cars with 2500-3000 miles and all have done it but yet my own car with nearly 5000 miles hasn't developed that fault yet.

I understand the issues you've had, my car has been at the dealers several times for various minor issues, and I keep having to go back because once they've found a fault they then need to rebook the car when the parts are in stock, ive already had a new dashboard as mines was badly fitted from the factory and refitting didn't work, a new drivers seat trim, same again, and it's to go in for a new Nsr door panel to cure a rattle, the dealer broke my aerial and something to do with the Dab radio when it was in for new dash, it was delivered brand new with a faulty headlight (the Corsa has a unit which doubles as a Driver and a sidelight, it was not dimming at night to become a sidelight. Just switching off) and is now going back to a different dealer tomorrow for a squeak from front driver side suspension as the dealer I bought it from have twice found no fault.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My clutch pedal creaked quite bad and vx greased it and it's been fine ever since. The dealership I got mine from have never left my corsa in a messy condition infact they have covered the seats and put protection down in the footwells when it's gone in for issues

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My clutch pedal creaked but I greased the plastic bushes myself, took 30 seconds and hasn't creaked once in the 12K miles since.

I've got faulty S/S too but haven't bothered taking it back because I just turn it off now whenever I get in car and I don't want it fixed as my car is far more powerful and responsive now than it ever was before the fault happened.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Define faulty S/S Brock? Would be interesting to see if it's similar to the rest.

I doubt it's actually faulty either, it's probably just badly done. I think mine has kicked in several times when it shouldn't have - but when I turn Eco mode off, my miles to a tank drops significantly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the 15plate corsa the s/s just would not work and after three trips to the dealer,they diagnosed a faulty alternator,it just wasn't charging so they replaced the alternator and that resolved this issue,except that is - I started getting problems with the electrics in the car,fan, radio,Bluetooth etc. That car was returned to the dealer. The 65 plate s/s worked after following the instructions on this forum (stalling) but since my post it has now given up again. I have driven the car with everything that can be turned off,turned off. The car goes into the dealers again this week for them to look at,but their response has already been dismissive. As I said previously,according to Vauxhall I'm the only person to have complained about these faults!

·
Registered
342 Posts
You obviously have a fault some where. I do 4 miles a day with lights on fan radio ect and the s/s kicks in every time,so don't let vauxhall fob you off

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Definitely does sound like an issue. Keep pushing them, or threaten to reject the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am at the end of my rope after having intermittent engine cut out problem with a brand new corsa 1.0 turbo bought in Oct 2015. On the first day I was given the keys it cut out when the salesman first took me to show me it and wouldn't restart. He got it into their workshop and after about 25 minutes came back saying it's running now outside. My first mistake! I should have never gone home with it. Since then cuts out at same junction near my house most mornings (needs to be off for at least 10 hours before usually to do the fault) when I put clutch in and pause at the junction in first gear. Doesn't make any difference if the stop start is on or off. It restarts if I turn key off and on again and doesn't do it again all day. Also have discovered it restarts if I put it back in neutral, take foot off clutch then back into 1st) Been in and out of the dealership many times and they just say no faults registered on the software and they can't recreate the fault......eventually a couple of weeks ago one staff member called me saying he had witnessed it doing the same fault and would raise the technical support query with vauxhall but he left a week later and it was never done and today yet another person from the dealership has called me to say no fault with car and that the guy who's left made it up that he saw the fault!! I don't believe he would have any reason to do that and I know it does do the fault!!! The only hard evidence I have of anything weird is a photo I took one night after the engine restarted when the temp on the console changed to minus 16! Clearly faulty but yet no faults showed up on system!?!?! Can these software fault recording systems be faulty themselves?! I've had vauxhall customer complaints involved for months and they can't do anything they say if the dealer can't find a fault. I am at a loss what to do next! I don't want to take the car back un-fixed as twice when it has cut out the breaks also didn't work right, one of the times the car ran on into a bin and got a dent. Could have been a child!! Help :cry:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Try rejecting it under the new consumer law. It appears that it is an inherent fault .

Ps the minus 16 thing - we all get that occasionally. Its intellilink instability and they cant fix that. It resets on locking the car for 60 sec.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The cutting out is common. It seems to be a design flaw. Even with eco disabled mine used to do this however since a friend remapped my car it has worked perfectly and s/s never cuts in if eco is disabled which suggests it is an ECU issue on your car.

Also on the turbo cars you need to keep the revs up. Driving at slow speeds even in first gear low revs will often result in a stall but it will appear to be the stop start because the s/s icon will appear on the dash and you need to go into neutral then clutch down and engage gear to allow a restart. The turbo engines have no torque at very low rpm's, especially the smaller 1.0T.

Even with s/s enabled the system is faulty and nearly killed me as it gradually got worse to the point it was cutting the engine even while I was driving at speed, accelerating onto busy roundabouts etc.

If the engine is not running then you will not get any servo (power) assistance to the brakes. On disk braked cars this means it feels like you have no brakes as they need far greater effort to brake with without servo assistance. The brakes will still work fine but you need to really push hard on the pedal.

To some degree the issue was resolved simply by me getting used to the car. I came from driving big 2.5 litre diesel engines that could pull away in 3rd at 800rpm. The Corsa petrol turbo engines need at least 1200-1400rpm to pull away without risk of stalling and they will not pull away or drive slowly in 2nd at low rpm either. You need to be in 1st more often than in a diesel or even a larger normally aspirated petrol.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
mud4fun said:
The cutting out is common. It seems to be a design flaw. Even with eco disabled mine used to do this however since a friend remapped my car it has worked perfectly and s/s never cuts in if eco is disabled which suggests it is an ECU issue on your car.
You've had Dafny mapped then? Yet still you have better than most others' mpg!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jarviser said:
Try rejecting it under the new consumer law. It appears that it is an inherent fault .

Ps the minus 16 thing - we all get that occasionally. Its intellilink instability and they cant fix that. It resets on locking the car for 60 sec.
Jarviser thanks for the advice.....do you know how I would go about rejecting it and what the new consumer law info I need to know about is/where I can find out more?? Would I need a lawyer? I'm in a PCP finance thing with this AND they scrapped my old car for money towards the deal (£2000 towards new car apparently)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
SylvE said:
mud4fun said:
You've had Dafny mapped then? Yet still you have better than most others' mpg!
I'm having it put back to factory map next week, my mpg has been dire recently. I struggle to get better than 50mpg on motorways where before I'd expect upto 70mpg. :-( if you look back through my fuelly mpgs you'll see the majority of them since January have been in the 40's whereas before that they were in the 50's. While I like the performance, in reality Dafny was bought for economical commuting and I'm getting too old to be racing teenagers away from the lights ;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the 15plate corsa the s/s just would not work and after three trips to the dealer,they diagnosed a faulty alternator,it just wasn't charging so they replaced the alternator and that resolved this issue,except that is - I started getting problems with the electrics in the car,fan, radio,Bluetooth etc. That car was returned to the dealer. The 65 plate s/s worked after following the instructions on this forum (stalling) but since my post it has now given up again. I have driven the car with everything that can be turned off,turned off. The car goes into the dealers again this week for them to look at,but their response has already been dismissive. As I said previously,according to Vauxhall I'm the only person to have complained about these faults!
Needs new battery will do the trick

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is a 7 year old thread 🤓,
the battery will almost certainly have had it by now even if it it was ok back then lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts