Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been driving new Corsa excite auto for a day now and found that the car accelerates itself upto 15mph. That's a bit scary. So when I start car and move gear to R the car starts moving itself!

The dealer's showroom and service centre is closed today, so can only get car checked next week.

What could it be wrong? I can't believe new car already has problems? Anything critical?

·
Registered
895 Posts
honhaar said:
Have been driving new Corsa excite auto for a day now and found that the car accelerates itself upto 15mph. That's a bit scary. So when I start car and move gear to R the car starts moving itself!

The dealer's showroom and service centre is closed today, so can only get car checked next week.

What could it be wrong? I can't believe new car already has problems? Anything critical?
Hi honhaar, is this the easytronic " auto "

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
Oh hang on, sorry just noticed the 'auto' DOH
Yeah me too :lol:

OP, this is not a fault tbh, most auto cars will move at very slow speeds without any throttle being applied by you, I'm not sure but I believe it's because of the lack of a clutch to control like you can in a manual car to carry out low speed manoeuvres like parking and so on, not driven an auto E yet but every other auto Vauxhall ive driven has done it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah my Dads 1980's 2.8i Granada Auto used to move off the minute you lifted your foot off the brake when in drive. I thought it was normal too but haven't driven a modern auto so wasn't certain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your replies.

It is easytronic auto.

I spoke to technician and he said exactly this. Nothing to worry! Phew! But my old auto nisaan never moved itself and when i googled this problem results were mostly about faulty idle control valve.

Now I just need to get used to invisible bonnet!

·
Registered
961 Posts
honhaar said:
Thank you all for your replies.

It is easytronic auto.

I spoke to technician and he said exactly this. Nothing to worry! Phew! But my old auto nisaan never moved itself and when i googled this problem results were mostly about faulty idle control valve.

Now I just need to get used to invisible bonnet!
Yeah not all do it, but most do. Ford's are the worst for it to my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Just don't put it into Drive until you're ready to go...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts