Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi please can anyone let me know how you switch between parallel and perpendicular parking on my new corsa sri vx line.
I have held the button in for a few seconds and I get the beep and it searches for a parking space to parallel park but it wont change to perpendicular in the display by the clocks only sees parallel parking information.
I have held the set button in on the left stalk but it wont change over am I doing this correctly? I think something is wrong with it.
Please can someone help or I have to make the trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm sure the manual will help

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have my car with the same system hold down the sensor's button then u select left side or right side parking with your indicator and there should be an option on screen to select either paralel or perpendicular parking

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tynamic said:
i have my car with the same system hold down the sensor's button then u select left side or right side parking with your indicator and there should be an option on screen to select either paralel or perpendicular parking
Hi thanks for your message just been out and tried using the indicator on the left side but all it wants to do is parallel park.
I haven't tried the parallel park function yet but maybe I need to do this to calibrate it.
It is a new car only got it last Friday and I work for Vauxhall in Ellesmere port where we build the new Astra I have tried at work but with no help.
The icon on the screen says press and hold the parking button for perpendicular park but all this does is switch the whole system off looks like I have to take it to the dealers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't got mine yet so may be wrong.

According to the manual it says:

Vehicles with indication on the Colour-Info-Display

Select parallel or perpendicular parking slot by tapping the icon.

Is there anything on the intellink you can tap?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You press the button at the end of the indicator stalk and it'll switch between parallel parking and bay parking.

·
Registered
60 Posts
goku said:
You press the button at the end of the indicator stalk and it'll switch between parallel parking and bay parking.
I have tried that with my SRI VX line. I press Park assist button and the screen shows parallel parking screen, it then says press and hold park assist button to switch to perpendic parking yet all mine does is deactivate parking assist. Nothing happens when I press the button on the indicator stalk. Also my car has a reversing camera so the parking layout is on the dash screen not on intellilink screen. Any help would be grateful :x

·
Registered
60 Posts
Iain1969 said:
Hi please can anyone let me know how you switch between parallel and perpendicular parking on my new corsa sri vx line.
I have held the button in for a few seconds and I get the beep and it searches for a parking space to parallel park but it wont change to perpendicular in the display by the clocks only sees parallel parking information.
I have held the set button in on the left stalk but it wont change over am I doing this correctly? I think something is wrong with it.
Please can someone help or I have to make the trip to the dealership.
Having the exact same problem. so dont think you are doing anything wrong. Would love an answer too though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, collected my new car today. I kept the parking sensor button on dash pressed to activate advanced park assist. The intellink then displayed the graphic whilst searching for a parallel parking spot. I pressed the little square icon on intellink and it changed to perpendicular mode with a slightly altered graphic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A couple of pics to show what I see with the small square icon on left to toggle between parking modes. To shift the search from the default left to right you just activate the right hand side indicator. If you look at the parking slots in the two pics you will notice the orientation has changed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gadgetman said:
Ok, collected my new car today. I kept the parking sensor button on dash pressed to activate advanced park assist. The intellink then displayed the graphic whilst searching for a parallel parking spot. I pressed the little square icon on intellink and it changed to perpendicular mode with a slightly altered graphic.
Do you have a reversing camera fitted ? My parking graphics are on the dash where the digital speedo is, my intellilink just shows the camera view. Must be 2 versions but mine also doesnt switch parking modes. I have contacted dealer, still waiting for answer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Del1954 said:
Gadgetman said:
Do you have a reversing camera fitted ? My parking graphics are on the dash where the digital speedo is, my intellilink just shows the camera view. Must be 2 versions but mine also doesnt switch parking modes. I have contacted dealer, still waiting for answer.
I don't have a camera so can't help with that I'm afraid. Out of curiosity have you tried twisting the stalk instead where the up/down arrow is for scrolling through the trip computer screens? Or might even be worth trying the menu buttonn the same stalk.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gadgetman said:
Del1954 said:
Gadgetman said:
I don't have a camera so can't help with that I'm afraid. Out of curiosity have you tried twisting the stalk instead where the up/down arrow is for scrolling through the trip computer screens? Or might even be worth trying the menu buttonn the same stalk.
Yes, pressed every button / switch / dial etc I can see. Still no joy. Will be calling at dealer on Friday to see whats going on.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Looks cool, but glad I don't have it on mine! Don't think I would ever get used to it, lol!

·
Registered
60 Posts
goku said:
Yo filmed the parking assist going down. See if it helps you out at all.
That's what should happen when the stalk button is pressed. Got car booked in with dealer on Wednesday. Can now show them this video. Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Del1954 said:
goku said:
Yo filmed the parking assist going down. See if it helps you out at all.
That's what should happen when the stalk button is pressed. Got car booked in with dealer on Wednesday. Can now show them this video. Thanks
Just got car back from Dealer, They have no idea whats causing the problem and neither do Vauxhall. So Vauxhalls software guys are looking into the fault and will get back when they have a answer. But got a free health check although cars only been on road for 2 weeks :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts