Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, got a corsa e 1.4t 100 and thinking about getting a stage 1 remap up to 170hp. WOuld I need any other mods to handle this such as an uprated clutch and/or flywheel etc?

Also, does anyone know what is the most amount of power you can get from this engine?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably because 99.9% of car owners don't risk damaging their cars to getting remaps so cannot advise!
Well I mean if you wish to go down that route. then any modification can technically damage your car. Yet there are plenty of people like yourself hanging out in the modifications forum replying to other threads. Weird that. Like I said, good community. Feel free to ban me and delte my account since you're all useless.

·
Super Moderator
251 Posts
Well I mean if you wish to go down that route. then any modification can technically damage your car.
Really when was the last time you saw a thread or post saying i changed my alloys for the same size but a different style and damaged my car?

Yet there are plenty of people like yourself hanging out in the modifications forum replying to other threads.Weird that.
We reply to threads where we can help and tend to steer clear of ones where we cannot help.
(i thought i covered that above)

Feel free to ban me and delte my account since you're all useless.
I think calling us all useless because no one was able to answer your question in 22 hours is a bit over the top but its not a banning offence, leaving the post here will show new members that no question is guaranteed an answer and certainly not instantly and that patience is a virtue, have a good day ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
As someone who tries to provide some tech support where i can, i have to say "no reply" cuts both ways on forums,
i've replied to numerous threads on forums where the o/p hasn't even bothered to visit the forum again,never mind acknowledge the fact someone has taken the time and effort to dig out tech info and reply.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As someone who tries to provide some tech support where i can, i have to say "no reply" cuts both ways on forums,
i've replied to numerous threads on forums where the o/p hasn't even bothered to visit the forum again,never mind acknowledge the fact someone has taken the time and effort to dig out tech info and reply.🤷‍♂️
Aye I get that, that's not me though. I would say thanks. That's the reason for my post, I've been digging and finding a mixed bag of answers both on here and other sites, some people saying they've had issues and other saying it's fine. So it's like is that from the remap or was the clutch just ready to go being a part that wears out etc.

Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't much get into tuning nowadays,
but looking at Avon tunings site (i trust them) even a stage 2 only takes it to 185 bhp/290nm with stage 1 at 170/270,
whether the clutch or transmission gives out though will be down to previous wear and previous or future driver abuse,
it's inevitable that you will get a mixed bag of happy/unhappy owners.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't much get into tuning nowadays,
but looking at Avon tunings site (i trust them) even a stage 2 only takes it to 185 bhp/290nm with stage 1 at 170/270,
whether the clutch or transmission gives out though will be down to previous wear and previous or future driver abuse,
it's inevitable that you will get a mixed bag of happy/unhappy owners.
That's a good point. I'm pretty smooth with my shifts so it might be okay. And 185 is still 85hp above stock with an extra 90nm of torque. That's pretty decent and brings it close to the VXR. Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's a good point. I'm pretty smooth with my shifts so it might be okay. And 185 is still 85hp above stock with an extra 90nm of torque. That's pretty decent and brings it close to the VXR. Cheers!
Hey mate, I’ve got a close friend that remapped his to stage 1 170bhp and around 240nm and he’s taken care of the car so it’s still working perfectly. So from what I’ve seen it should be okay. Hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts