Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Not on mine either. Think it is part of a sight and light pack. If I'd have known I would have ordered it because it features a light to light up the USB and lighter socket which in mine is impossible to see at night due to it being recessed under the bottom of the dash

·
Registered
895 Posts
I must admit I have not noticed this on my SE and when I checked on the Vauxhall Web Site the Corsa is not mentioned for Ambient Lighting but other models are including the Adam ?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
There is a section covering ambient lighting in the owners manual. I noticed yesterday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I collected my new Excite AC on Saturday, the salesman actually told me that I had ambient lighting but it seems that this is not the case. Ambient lighting for the new Corsa is mentioned in the brochures too!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Geoff S, yes thanks Ambient lighting is mentioned on Page 12 of the 2012 Models Edition 1 Brochure ? so must be for all models ?

Have to go out when its dark & recheck mine later.

Derek

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Derek, have just been through all the relevant brochures, which states, in not so many words that ambient lighting is standard, and have been through the configuration process on-line as well. Not once does it mention ambient lighting or that it is part of an option pack. Mine is either not working or not fitted. I shall be contacting the dealership tomorrow to investigate further. After all, if it is part of the package and price, then I want it!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Geoff S thanks, now I been out in near darkness I can see mine working when I remove the ignition key, once I open the door they go off again.

So my Ambient Lighting works ?? never noticed before as I was mainly day light driving he he.

On page 114 & 115 of Owners Manual it explains all. Have you checked the Dimer Switch to the right of the Lighting Panel ?? May be turned Down ?

Derek

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Delboy_Lee said:
Hi Geoff S thanks, now I been out in near darkness I can see mine working when I remove the ignition key, once I open the door they go off again.

So my Ambient Lighting works ?? never noticed before as I was mainly day light driving he he.

On page 114 & 115 of Owners Manual it explains all. Have you checked the Dimer Switch to the right of the Lighting Panel ?? May be turned Down ?

Derek
Hi Derek, thanks for the update. I will check mine out. What Corsa E model do you have?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Delboy_Lee said:
I got the SE Automatic
Just been out to check my Excite AC and there is no ambient lighting as described in the manual, i.e. indirect red lights in the doors, in the instrument panel below heating controls and passengers foot well, but there is a single red light mounted in the interior mirror housing which shines directly down onto the gear shift.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yep think this is part of sight and light pack as one of the ambient lights is on the bottom of the auto dim interior mirror that's part of the sight and light pack, but not fitted on the standard interior mirror.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hendry said:
Yep think this is part of sight and light pack as one of the ambient lights is on the bottom of the auto dim interior mirror that's part of the sight and light pack, but not fitted on the standard interior mirror.
The sight and light pack comes as standard on my Excite, or at least included in one of the options I have.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Geoff S, do none of your door Auto Window Contols or Vent/Fan, Heated Screen stay lit when you remove Ignition Key (when in Darkness) ? ? They will go out once you open your Door?

If not as you say there a problem with your vehicle?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts