Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this might make a useful topic, not sure if mud4fun, Anthony etc will agree but I'll give it a go anyway. Now I'm not talking about differences in spec/features, or differences between trims because anyone can read the brochure or price and spec guide and see them for themselves, I'm more talking about little differences Vauxhall havent declared, ones that aren't listed in brochures and so on and aren't actually additional features and items of standard kit and are unlikely to dissuade you from buying a particular spec, its more as a reference point.

Handbrake Handle:
The Sting R spec is listed as having a VX-Line leather covered gearknob and handbrake lever, and obviously the VXR has those features, however the SRI, SRi VX-Line and SE also have the leather covered handbrake lever whereas the Limited Edition, Excite etc. Just have the normal plastic one.

Gear Knob:
The Sting R and VXR have a different style of gearknob to every other spec, Life, Sting, Design have a standard gear knob, whereas Excite, Energy, Limited Edition, SRi, SRi VX-Line and SE have the same gearknob but with a chrome "V" on the base of it. However on SRI, VX-Line and SE the black top part is leather, on the rest its plastic.

Cupholders:
On every E I've seen except SE spec there is a shape of 2 cups molded into the console infront of the gear lever/below the 12v socket/USB/aux sockets, however on the SE it is more like the Adam where its just a rectangular box shaped tray with a rubber anti slip foldable rubber strap which can be folded away or folded out to hold 1 cup in place, the strap also contains the "shark" motif.

Dashboard:
On all Es ive seen the main top dashboard part above the usually gloss black panel and goes all the way around the top of the dash speedo/rev counter dials etc is made out of a leathery feeling/looking plastic. However earlier I looked at a VXR and it is made out of a textured plastic which its like loads of tiny wee diamond shapes and looks really matt, and is rough, bumpy and dimpled to the touch. It's clearly designed to look sporty but actually IMO looks really cheap.

Door mirrors:
All Es come with colour coded mirror caps, however VX-Line and SE models come with the whole mirror housing colour coded including the base plate/leg which bolts to the door, and on LEs although not colour coded the whole mirror is painted, there are no unpainted bits on it.

Exhausts and rear trims:
All Sting R, SRi VX-Line and LE models come with a visible oval exhaust tail pipe with chrome trim, all SRI models come with a visible oval exhaust tail pipe but minus the welded on chrome trim, on the Sting R and SRi this means they get a black plastic reasr bumper diffuser/skirt, and the VX-Line and LE obviously have the colour coded rear styling pack skirt. However, some other models get the visible exhaust tail pipe minusa chrome trim and black rear bumper skirt/diffuser, Excite models generally don't, but Excites with the 1.4T engine do. I don't have an exhaustive list other than what's listes but as we get more members and more variety of engine and trim combos this will become clearer.

Ambient Lighting:
This is only a feature on SRi and VX-Line trims and consists of a light under the electrochromatic anti dazzle rear view mirror, one next to the 12v/USB/aux sockets lighting up thee front cupholder area and one in each of the front door pockets however Energy/Excite and SEs with sight and light pack do have the ambient light on the underside of the rear view mirror not disclosed by the brochure, additionally, ANY E equipped with sight and light pack as an extra cost option will have it, as well as any car equipped with any option pack which includes the electrochromatic anti dazzle rear view mirror even if it isn't the sight and light pack and doesn't include rain sensor wipers or auto lights. Also this is rumoured to be discontinued/deleted from MY2016 SRi and VX Line spec, we have yet to come across a 2016MY car to check (it will be obvious it's a 2016 model as SRi and VX-Line change from Network cloth to Lace cloth)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Excites come with the sight and light as standard and therefore have the electro-chromatic anti dazzle rear view with the red ambient lightning.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
MY16 Energy has 'Vision' cloth rather than the 'Shimmer' cloth that the Excite trim MY15 had. I hadn't really thought much about the tail pipe, but presumed it would be hidden, so I am glad to see that it's not hidden (just doesn't have the chrome tip of the 1.0T), which I am rather pleased about! :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LimeyUK said:
Excites come with the sight and light as standard and therefore have the electro-chromatic anti dazzle rear view with the red ambient lightning.
Which is exactly what I wrote " however Energy/Excite and SEs with sight and light pack do have the ambient light on the underside of the rear view mirror not disclosed by the brochure,"

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LeachiE said:
MY16 Energy has 'Vision' cloth rather than the 'Shimmer' cloth that the Excite trim MY15 had. I hadn't really thought much about the tail pipe, but presumed it would be hidden, so I am glad to see that it's not hidden (just doesn't have the chrome tip of the 1.0T), which I am rather pleased about! :D
You can buy the chrome tip as an accessory from the parts department at your dealership: http://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/corsa-e-exhaust-tip

See my members cars topic for "real" pictures of the tip fitted to my car. Also the seat trim change isnt what this topic is about, you are quite correct about it changing but this is something Vauxhall have listed in the brochure and havent failed to disclose like the things I've pointed out, the idea is to make a list of the things Vauxhall have either tried to hide, got wrong or plain not mentioned.

Joe: I should have worded the bit about the door mirrors better, I realised the Sting mirror caps were white, what I meant to write was all Es have painted mirror caps, no spec has plain unpainted black plastic caps but only certain models have the rest of the housing painted.

Heated Mirrors:
Not included on the spec of Excites, but are now included in the spec of Energy's (effectively a renamed Excite) however if you specify your Excite with a particular option, I think it's advanced park assist (I stand to be corrected if its something else) then heated mirror glass is added also.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
Which is exactly what I wrote " however Energy/Excite and SEs with sight and light pack do have the ambient light on the underside of the rear view mirror not disclosed by the brochure,"
I hope mine has the ambient lighting! Anyone got any pics at all please?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
Irrelevant usage of words - as Excites have Sight and light by Default - So it should just read 'Excites', as otherwise the sentence insinuates that Excites are available without the Sight and Light pack, which they are not.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LimeyUK said:
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
Irrelevant usage of words - as Excites have Sight and light by Default - So it should just read 'Excites', as otherwise the sentence insinuates that Excites are available without the Sight and Light pack, which they are not.
Very picky, but yeah poor choice of words, I was basically saying because Excite/Energy and SE have sight and light pack they will have the ambient interior mirror light but no others.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
hendry said:
Very picky, but yeah poor choice of words, I was basically saying because Excite/Energy and SE have sight and light pack they will have the ambient interior mirror light but no others.
Yea I know, can't help it when it comes to grammar etc :lol:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's an odd one, it would be fair to say, I think, the Excite/Energy A/C and SRi spec are almost identical, except from the Excite having the winter pack, while the SRi has minor little touches the Excite/Energy don't, E.G. carpeted 60/40 split folding rear seat, leather gearknob and handbrake lever, chrome front fog light surrounds, black wheels and possibly ambient interior lighting. So, spec an SRi with the winter pack and the spec becomes identical, yes?

Yet for example, flame red 1.2 SRi 3 door, is £11,995. Flame red 1.2 Energy A/C 3 door, £12,470.

I'm guessing not many people who buy the Energy A/C are aware of this, they probably think it's a better equipped car for the price. The only other reason I can see is people possibly want the comfort non sports bolstered seats of the Energy.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Without sports suspension and hard seats it should not be called SRi, its a break with tradition. Pointless model in my view.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
Here's an odd one, it would be fair to say, I think, the Excite/Energy A/C and SRi spec are almost identical, except from the Excite having the winter pack, while the SRi has minor little touches the Excite/Energy don't, E.G. carpeted 60/40 split folding rear seat, leather gearknob and handbrake lever, chrome front fog light surrounds, black wheels and possibly ambient interior lighting. So, spec an SRi with the winter pack and the spec becomes identical, yes?

Yet for example, flame red 1.2 SRi 3 door, is £11,995. Flame red 1.2 Energy A/C 3 door, £12,470.

I'm guessing not many people who buy the Energy A/C are aware of this, they probably think it's a better equipped car for the price. The only other reason I can see is people possibly want the comfort non sports bolstered seats of the Energy.
It's also the fact that you won't have to add anything to the car, therefore meaning you can probably get the Energy much, much quicker.

Plus the SRi doesn't have the 0% finance (or it didn't use to), so that's another factor.

As stated above too, the SRi has the sports chassis.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
mud4fun said:
Why wouldn't I agree? :?:
not sure why hendry said, that but i thinks its a good thread
Yes agreed

In my view there are too many trim levels in the UK and several, as pointed out by Hendry, vary only in minor details. If you look at the configurator in other European countries the trim options are down to just 4 or 5 which I think is more sensible.

Why for example do we have SRi VXline and LE? Surely just one trim level is needed and just put wheel colour, roof colour and tinted windows as options on that one trim level.

Limey, the SRi doesn't have sports chassis. (The SRi VXLine does but not the basic SRi)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Oh, does it just have the sports seats then? I'm sure the interior was different from the Excite..

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jarviser said:
apart from VXR/VXR line, arent all Corsa seats the same apart ftom cloth?
That is what I thought but apparently my LE has sports seats according to the configurator but not entirely sure what qualifies them as sports seats. Firmer cushions, bigger side bolsters maybe?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts