Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I recently bought my Opel Corsa E.
While it is brand new it shows an error code on the display - code 128.

According to the manual this has to do with the bonnet (correct?). Now I have opened the bonnet once and it is possible that the code appeared since then. I don't think I did anything wrong closing the bonnet but since I know nothing about cars, is there anything I could have missed?

I dropped it back on the "holder" and then pushed it back into the lock (so that it can only be opened from the inside again).
Anything I could try or should i consult with the dealer?

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Looks like bonnet open code.
Here are a few more vx codes :D

10 Brakes overheated

16 Brake light failure

17 Headlight levelling malfunction

25 Left front turn signal failure

26 Left rear turn signal failure

27 Right front turn signal failure

28 Right rear turn signal failure

49 Lane departure warning unavailable

53 Tighten gas cap

54 Water in diesel fuel filter

55 Diesel particle filter is full

56 Tyre pressure imbalance on front axle

57 Tyre pressure imbalance on rear axle

S68 Service power steering

S73 Service all-wheel drive system

S74 Service AFL

S75 Service air conditioning

S77 Service lane departure warning

S79 Top up engine oil

S81 Service transmission

S82 Change engine oil soon

S84 Engine power is reduced

S89 Service vehicle soon

128 Bonnet open

134 Park assist fault, clean bumper

S136 Service parking assist

145 Check washer fluid level

174 Low battery

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am receiving this error code - S84 Engine power is reduced. Has anyone else had this error or know what it means? am I safe to drive the car? I have booked it in for a service at Vauxhall on Tuesday - I have only had the car brand new from Wednesday (9/12) :/

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
ask your dealer service dept or Vx customer assistance if its safe to drive.

its probably something like iffy O2 sensor.
it may reset itself after exiting and locking the car for 5 minutes

if your ltd edition really is my16 you will have OnStar. press the blue button for remote diagnostics by the call centre.
I would love to know if that works, or if its another rash promise soon broken

·
Registered
29 Posts
I took it to the dealership on Saturday morning and was there for 2 hours while they had a look. Apparently my car needed an update which was around 3GB and it took em ages to download because their internet is pants. They also took it for a drive and they told me that it may be an error on the ECM and that there is no actual performance loss in the engine. They also said that they are going to bring it up with their technical department to see if they know of an issue. I will keep updating if needs be I am hoping it is just a false positive on the cars part because its breaking in etc... other than that its ticking along nicely.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Iamjim30 said:
I took it to the dealership on Saturday morning and was there for 2 hours while they had a look. Apparently my car needed an update which was around 3GB and it took em ages to download because their internet is pants. They also took it for a drive and they told me that it may be an error on the ECM and that there is no actual performance loss in the engine. They also said that they are going to bring it up with their technical department to see if they know of an issue. I will keep updating if needs be I am hoping it is just a false positive on the cars part because its breaking in etc... other than that its ticking along nicely.
Update? Has anything visually changed with this update or is it more software behind the scenes?

Hopefully it's alright now!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I was a bit taken aback when he said it to me - nothing visually has changed I just think it is a behind the scenes update. Apparently they will make updates (if available) when the car goes in for a service or if it is a major update they will send out a letter to let you know. I actually asked about the Intellilink being updated and he said something along the lines of when an update for it becomes available it will be updated.

I have had the same message appear since but I haven't felt any change in how the car performs/sounds/smells etc...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I had an Astra that gave the engine light every couple of weeks. Each time the dealer fitted a new O2 sensor at £100 on warranty because the engine management cpu told them to. At the 4th time I asked how many O2 sensors they got thru in a month. They said none, apart from my car.
I suggested changing the cpu. Never had another problem!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I get this message also had the car since 3rd December 2015.

Did you get anywhere with any updates?

Need to know how to play it with dealer because although this doesn't seem to impact the cars performance its still a problem and 1 we shouldn't have on brand new cars.

Ltt me know how you got on please

Thanks
Rob

Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Limited Edition 3Door Black Alloys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.