Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha blimey Vauxhall were decades ahead of the competition in that case!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those screenshots look like they're taken from the US version (MyLink - GM Sonic/Spark/Trax models). Maybe all the 2013 GM intellilinks (never mind the country specific branding) all shared the same underlying codebase - just different UI's depending on the country/car model.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Susan44 said:
get it to display Google Maps somebody, please!
The intellilink system runs Windows CE Embedded 6.0 so anything is possible...

I've done quite a lot of coding with C# but I'm stuck on how to make an app for Windows CE?! Else I would be making some cool stuff now! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
thewhale said:
... I found a few interesting things - such as screenshots of a redesigned OS (are they pictures of the old intellilink system or the future?) ...
Looks like a MyLink system using MirrorLink from 2013 http://www.wired.com/2012/06/my-link-spark/

thewhale said:
Susan44 said:
I thought some Mylink head units run QNX. Ford are moving from win ce. Or is that wince?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Windows CE...

That just brought back memories of a TV advert from the 80's

'acrington stanley', 'who are they', 'exactly'

Sorry, only old folks (and possibly just old programmers) will understand ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
thewhale said:
Susan44 said:

I've done quite a lot of coding with C# but I'm stuck on how to make an app for Windows CE?! Else I would be making some cool stuff now! :)
You're in luck! I was working with a CE 6. device in work recently, so I (after a lot of head scratching) got myself writing for it. And it'll work in the same way I'm sure.

You need to get hold of Visual Studio 2008 (I got it from here: http://getintopc.com/softwares/development/visual-studio-2008-download/). From there, set yourself up a Mobile device emulator as closely specced as the unit (MIPS processor, not sure about the screen res, not Pocket PC). When you run the app, because you can't deploy direct to the Intellilink (Unless you can connect yourself to it somehow), you need to find the compiled binaries for the app, drop them on a USB and then load them up on the Intellilink.

It's worth mentioning that it looks like the integrated bluetooth adapter supports PAN, meaning an internet connection through bluetooth should be doable. I also noticed in a brief nose around the system that a lot of OnStar files seem to be included in the system, so you might be able to fire that up.

I'm going to have a little play over the next few days and at the weekend.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
butler1233 said:
thewhale said:
Susan44 said:

You're in luck! I was working with a CE 6. device in work recently, so I (after a lot of head scratching) got myself writing for it. And it'll work in the same way I'm sure.

You need to get hold of Visual Studio 2008 (I got it from here: http://getintopc.com/softwares/development/visual-studio-2008-download/). From there, set yourself up a Mobile device emulator as closely specced as the unit (MIPS processor, not sure about the screen res, not Pocket PC). When you run the app, because you can't deploy direct to the Intellilink (Unless you can connect yourself to it somehow), you need to find the compiled binaries for the app, drop them on a USB and then load them up on the Intellilink.

It's worth mentioning that it looks like the integrated bluetooth adapter supports PAN, meaning an internet connection through bluetooth should be doable. I also noticed in a brief nose around the system that a lot of OnStar files seem to be included in the system, so you might be able to fire that up.

Let me know how you get on! :) I've just installed Visual Studio 2008 and have created a test application (just to simply see if I can run the app successfully on the intellilink system) but can't seem to find how to Publish the application?! Am I being stupid or is it hidden away somewhere...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
butler1233 said:
thewhale said:
Susan44 said:

How would I find the compiled binaries?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts