1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Window

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting Sky

Likes and a few minor dislikes
Main appearance is superb. The chrome bits contrast the sparkly black. It impresses the neighbours most of whom didn't know there was a new Corsa.
From the get go the acceleration seems eager - the D was sluggish for a couple of weeks. Similarly the brakes are keen and don't feel as though they need bedding in like the D.
The instruments are all generally better placed with cruise on the wheel. I especially like the return to "proper" indicator stalk that says where you put it rather than centre sprung on the D.
I thought the City steering function was gone but I have it.
I like the digital speedo which makes cruise control more controllable, It even increments by 1mph rather than some Kph Napoleonic setting. Unlike some other Corsas all speeds show on the normal speedo including 30!
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Gauge

I don't like the bl***y awful brewers droop tin exhaust pipe. Top of the range? - my r's! (which I nearly singed on the more powerful seat heater)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Aircraft Automotive design

Also hate the red and yellow safety sticker on the passenger visor which seems to be welded on permanently.
Onstar is not yet activated The staff person based in Luton seemed very peasant. Judgement is reserved til I test it is somewhere totally sodding remote like Lincolnshire. Should be good judging from the size of the aerial base.

Incidentally I replaced the reg plate screws with stainless security ones (no 12) from Ebay - just basic hardware not fancy ones - as occasionally people borrow plates round here for free passage into London!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161259483856&alt=web

Still D and E are chalk and cheese. Loved the D, more impressed by the E.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Good to see that they obviously took on feedback about the speedometer.

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Good to see that they obviously took on feedback about the speedometer.
Was going to say the same, clearly a MY16 update, if it wasn't for the digital speedo I think I'd be very annoyed right now that struggle to read 30 on the dials and now Vauxhall have included it on later specs.

Jarviser - lovely looking car and good idea with the number plate screws. Random question: what tyres are on it? Continental EcoContacts?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
She looks good! I am also happy to see the improved speedo dial!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Congratulations & know your going to enjoy your new SE Auto.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Congratulations Jarviser, love your quick review too :)

I'm very envious of your 30 and 50mph labels!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Jarviser, Yes we all got them, these labels are required under recent EU" Front Passenger Airbag Safety Regulations " and so far Vauxhall have not come up with a fix to install a Vanity Mirror unlike other manufactures Passenger Sun Visors that I have recently seen.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we have a vanity mirror. another notice on that side too.
(her indoors said driver has one too.)
And red ambient led in front door pockets - I think they are welcome lights that go off. havent driven it in the dark yet

·
Registered
895 Posts
Jarviser said:
And red ambient led in front door pockets - I think they are welcome lights that go off. havent driven it in the dark yet
Thanks, interesting that you have the Passenger Side Vanity Mirror fitted - just checked with our VX Parts & they do not have any information on this so looks like another email to VX Customer Support for more info as how to obtain one of these too.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
Ambient LEDs in the door pockets are lights that are on permanently at night, you will probably have one above the front cupholder area/USB/aux/12v sockets. I suppose this answers the question of whether ambient lighting had been cost cut from the MY16 models (no longer listed as a feature in the spec in the latest brochure). To my knowledge MY15 SEs didnt have them, only SRis.

BTW, does the SE have a gloss black surround around the gear stick and cupholders area? I can't remember if the SE hire car I had did, but all the other specs I've driven have a plain unpainted matt black surround.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Jarviser said:
Can you post a photo of the Passenger Sun Visor ( Vanity Mirror side ) ?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks for photo of Sun Visor - have just sent email to VX Customer Support so be interesting to see what they got to say
about replacing ours without the mirror ?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yeah Jarviser that looks like the one in the SE hire I had, different to the rest of the range which just has the matt unpainted black surround, yours also looks like rather than cupholders its a rubberised tray in front of the gear lever, with a foldable strap for holding a cup?

Derek: does your MY15 SE have ambient interior lights?

EDIT: Jarviser, I also notice your 12v socket, aux socket and USB socket are in reverse order to mine, my 12 socket is the furthest left, and the aux socket furthest right, with the USB socket in the middle.

·
Registered
895 Posts
hendry said:
Yeah Jarviser that looks like the one in the SE hire I had, different to the rest of the range which just has the matt unpainted black surround, yours also looks like rather than cupholders its a rubberised tray in front of the gear lever, with a foldable strap for holding a cup?

Derek: does your MY15 SE have ambient interior lights?
Yes ambient lighting fitted - assumed this to be a standard fit ??

·
Registered
895 Posts
Jarviser said:
erm..£75??

or was it in the 15 spec.?
That's interesting will see if VX will pay for the Sun Visors ?

Your interior also looks to be exactly the same as my SE ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts