Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
strange one this. when you put your headlights on, the screen goes black & red. daytime is white as we all know. got in my car yesterday in the day and noticed the screen had gone dark if I had my lights on. I checked my lights which was off. I thought i must off altered the settings by mistake. on arriving home after 40 Mins journey, I turned of ignition then back on again the screen was in daylight mode. checked setting to see if the screen had a choice of colour settings which i couldn't find. as anyone else come across the same issue yet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The intellink has a day time colour of white and a night time colour of black. This is determined by a sensor that controls the automatic light pack.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Zeon's but this is a manual switch on not auto. still a mystery to why it happened as it was a sunny day.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
jaysen said:
I have Zeon's but this is a manual switch on not auto. still a mystery to why it happened as it was a sunny day.
Probably either got confused about the time of day or something :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
As fair as I'm aware the intellilink changes modes when the lights are on or off, regardless of exterior conditions.
I'm guessing it may just have glitched, mine has done that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am sure it has a light sensor somewhere, I'm trying to locate it so I can tape it over and put it into constance dark theme, as I prefer it :)
So far I've found this text from an Opel Website (but I think its for a different model)
To adapt to the surrounding lighting conditions, the infotainment system offers two graphical themes: A brighter theme (day mode) and a darker theme (night mode). You can either permanently select one of these themes or set the system to auto mode. Press "CONFIG" on the infotainment controls, then select "Display Settings", "Map Settings" and then "Map Display".

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It doesn't have a light sensor or a manual dimmer switch either that I know of and have also spoken to VX about this issue. It is cr*p. Only way to dim it is to have lights on which turns it into night mode and then use instrument dimmer to control intellilink brightness but by the time you have reduced brightness enough on screen you can't see instruments. Silly really as it is the daytime brightness that needs dimming the most!!!

My phone is far superior as it automatically adjusts for light levels and automatically switches my sat nav from light to dark at what I consider perfect timing for the light levels. Intellilink is archaic technology though, screen is 1990's tech.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I believe the Auto Sensor for the Interlink is controlled from the Windscreen Rain Sensor, located on the screen in front of the rear view mirror?

See page 111 of the Opel Corsa Owners Manual

When the automatic light control function is switched on and the engine is running, the system
switches between daytime running light and headlights automatically depending on the lighting conditions
and information given by the rain sensor system.

This is the only location I can find for the Day/Night sensor ??

Derek

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks Derek, useful info. I suspect it simply means the auto lights will have the same effect as manually turning the lights on and off rather than any special graduated dimming of the screen based on light levels.

Leona, I have not seen a setting to force the intellilink to permanently use night mode - I'm off to check now as that would be a great relief to me for driving at dawn or dusk where it is still light enough not to need headlamps but where the white screen is far too bright. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
No, no setting in any of the setting menus to force night mode. If anybody else finds it can they let us know as many would appreciate that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Only night mode Ive found you can keep on is for the Bringgo sat nav which I do prefer being darker even through the daytime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts