Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, I love the new VXR in blue personally :)

I see autoexpress still rate the ST ahead of the VXR mainly for economy? WTF? Pople buying a VXR are generally not interested in economy anyway and in addition the autoexpress journos are idiots and don't know how to drive a car properly. This is after all the same set of twits that came out with 'you'll be lucky to get more than 35mpg out of the 1.4T' (in one of their Corsa E reviews) and 'the 1.4T is an unrefined and noisy lump'.

I've managed 60mpg on two seperate 250 mile commutes, I can hardly hear or feel the engine when it is at idle and it is barely that audible at higher rpm. So I would now take anything they say with a pinch of salt and I'm certainly not going to buy another one of their magazines as their poor journalism could have cost me alot of money had I gone with their suggested car/engine choice. Do Ford pay these people or something? or are they really just that stupid? :-(

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL

I do however agree with their comment on tyre noise. It is pretty damn atrocious in mine on 17" rim and 215 tyres especially on the motorway at cruising speed.

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
LOL

I do however agree with their comment on tyre noise. It is pretty damn atrocious in mine on 17" rim and 215 tyres especially on the motorway at cruising speed.
Agreed, my 16s with Continental ContiEcoContact tyres is very rumbly. When they wear out I think I'll be switching to Sport Contact 2s

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I know mine is not an E, but Mine suffers from awful vibration on certain roads (oddly, in one direction more than the other one a couple of roads) and it really gets in my ears and head. Mine is running on 17" wheels with sports suspension. I drove both of the E demonstrators on one of the roads and there was no vibration at all.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi leachie, it is not vibration as such. It is just tyre rumble. It is not so bad at low speeds but once you get upto 60-70mph the tyres produce horrific noise. The Conti eco tyres are cr*p and I will also replace mine with something better. 215 wide tyres are stupidly wide really for such a small car but I'm a sucker for big wide tyres. My Land Rovers also have huge tyres. They just look better. So I guess I only have myself to blame for the noise. Some skinny 165 wide tyres would be near silent and give much better mpg too but they look awful. I'll just live with the noise ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts