Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Went and bought my 1st car yesterday. I've bought me a Corsa Limited Edition 1.4t! A pre-reg for £11,800. Should be delivered early next week! Super excited :D

My 1st car!!!

Anything I need to know about running a corsa?

Thanks

Daniel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
It's just a normal car, so nothing different needed to run it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Very nice to have a brand new car for your first! I started out in a Y reg Mini as brand new cars were way out of reach. That Mini was 8 years old when I got her back in 1990! Yes, I am old! :lol: I loved that Mini - a tenner filled her up pretty much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha showing your age a tad there. But oldschool mini is a great car :)

I just finished my crash course in driving in a mini (a new one, but a nice car to drive)

I see you've gone for the 1.4t too ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
Very nice to have a brand new car for your first! I started out in a Y reg Mini as brand new cars were way out of reach. That Mini was 8 years old when I got her back in 1990! Yes, I am old! :lol: I loved that Mini - a tenner filled her up pretty much.
Y reg? That's 00/01?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
No, Y reg I about 1982, one of my Land Rovers was a Y reg.

Welcome SpeshEnd :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Yep, 1982 Mini - a 'proper' Mini with seams on the outside! :D She cost me £1250, which was a huge amount back then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
SpeshEnd said:
Haha showing your age a tad there. But oldschool mini is a great car :)

I just finished my crash course in driving in a mini (a new one, but a nice car to drive)

I see you've gone for the 1.4t too ;)
Yep, 1.4T for me as well. Was a toss up between the 1.4 n/a and the 1.4T. The old Mini was lovely! My Dad had a Clubman Estate too. I'm not too keen on the new BMW Mini though - it's just a small Beemer, not a proper Mini.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new mini was nice to drive, but then I don't really have that much to compare it too.

I was torn between the Sting R, 1.0t and the LE 1.4t.

I think the gadgets and bodykit swayed the decision for me, also being my 1st car the 1.4t is cheaper on insurance because it has 15hp less somehow :S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
No, Y reg I about 1982, one of my Land Rovers was a Y reg.

Welcome SpeshEnd :)
I had a Ford Fiesta, which was Y reg and that was 00/01, so that Y reg, must be old style reg?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
SpeshEnd said:
The new mini was nice to drive, but then I don't really have that much to compare it too.

I was torn between the Sting R, 1.0t and the LE 1.4t.

I think the gadgets and bodykit swayed the decision for me, also being my 1st car the 1.4t is cheaper on insurance because it has 15hp less somehow :S
It's because the 1.0T is a newer engine which has high rev ranges.

Funny that you said gadgets for the LE, because as stock the LE doesn't really have much gadgetry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
When I looked into insurance for either the 1.0T or 1.4T, the 1.4 would cost me more than the 1.0 although the latter has a higher bhp. Presumably, my insurance broker go by engine size rather than the bhp. Limey, I also had a 2001 Y reg - a Fiat Seicento, and it's the same dealer I am buying from again now they've taken on the VX franchise as well as Fiat, Renault and Dacia. My Mini was ERU309Y (1982) and the Fiat was Y201SDL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
When I looked into insurance for either the 1.0T or 1.4T, the 1.4 would cost me more than the 1.0 although the latter has a higher bhp. Presumably, my insurance broker go by engine size rather than the bhp. Limey, I also had a 2001 Y reg - a Fiat Seicento, and it's the same dealer I am buying from again now they've taken on the VX franchise as well as Fiat, Renault and Dacia. My Mini was ERU309Y (1982) and the Fiat was Y201SDL.
Ah yes, so the older registrations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, by gadgets I mean the Intellilink thing.

Like i said, i was looking at the sting r, which inside only has a standard stuff, not really much to look at to be honest. Although, the outer looks awesome with the stripes haha

I think the LE looks a lot better inside and out, With the 17'' rims and body kit. Will have to get my head around that intellilink and onstar stuff, but really pleased i upped the spend and went for the LE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Started with a 2003 Golf 1.6 as my first car, 11 months later awaiting my MY16 LE Corsa woo.

Onstar? There isn't a way on earth your car will have that if its delivery is next week? They haven't even started making the cars with onstar yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Matthew said:
Started with a 2003 Golf 1.6 as my first car, 11 months later awaiting my MY16 LE Corsa woo.
oooh yeah, coming towards the end of this year there will be new plates

will it be a 65 or next year 16?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
65 if your car is registered In September or 15 if in August i.e before 1st of September, read my onstar edit on the above.

16 plates kick in, in March 2016

My16 is a Corsa from September ish? With onstar etc and 2 vanity mirrors as the normal Corsa doesn't have a passenger side sun visor mirror. I asked for the newer one which will be 65
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Matthew said:
65 if your car is registered In September or 15 if in August i.e before 1st of September, read my onstar edit on the above.

16 plates kick in, in March 2016

My16 is a Corsa from September ish? With onstar etc and 2 vanity mirrors as the normal Corsa doesn't have a passenger side sun visor mirror. I asked for the newer one which will be 65
Ahhh, i always wondered how the 15/65 plate thing worked.

This onstar thing seems like a good idea. Will we be able to use the android/apple app for all the oil/petrol levels ect?

Im so excited for this to arrive though :) :) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Mine will also be a 65 plate! Hopefully I can get to choose my number plate this coming week when they are released! :D I could have got one much sooner if I wanted to go with a MY15 car, but waiting and ordering the Energy trim (which replaces Excite) I will gain heated door mirrors too, which the Excite models don't have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
SpeshEnd said:
Matthew said:
65 if your car is registered In September or 15 if in August i.e before 1st of September, read my onstar edit on the above.

16 plates kick in, in March 2016

My16 is a Corsa from September ish? With onstar etc and 2 vanity mirrors as the normal Corsa doesn't have a passenger side sun visor mirror. I asked for the newer one which will be 65
Ahhh, i always wondered how the 15/65 plate thing worked.

This onstar thing seems like a good idea. Will we be able to use the android/apple app for all the oil/petrol levels ect?

Im so excited for this to arrive though :) :) :D
The app is only on iOS at the moment, and you won't be able to track any levels in your car. You will be able to un/lock your car from it, and do the windows. Though I'm certain that will be part of the £80/pa cost after year 1.

To me, OnStar isn't great. Yea, the SOS part is good, and could prove to be life saving in certain situations. The rest however, is average and way overpriced for what it is - I for one, am glad I don't have it.

SpeshEnd said:
Yeah, by gadgets I mean the Intellilink thing.

Like i said, i was looking at the sting r, which inside only has a standard stuff, not really much to look at to be honest. Although, the outer looks awesome with the stripes haha

I think the LE looks a lot better inside and out, With the 17'' rims and body kit. Will have to get my head around that intellilink and onstar stuff, but really pleased i upped the spend and went for the LE.
Ah yes, the stings don't have intelilink as standard - lthough I think a few in here would say that's a blessing :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top