Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a strange one this.

I was loading up my Corsa earlier - 3dr - so put the rear seats down. I am bass player, so have some bulky gear to carry around.

However, I quickly noticed that one of the items had put a small scratch on the rear of the back seats - ie the metal bit that normally acts as the boot.

My last car had a material back, which is fine, but the metal obviously scratches easily.

I tried putting a sheet/towel across it, but because of the shiny surface, it just slides off!

Not sure if this is a similar design to previous Corsas?

Anybody else had this? Any ideas for a solution? Not to keen on all the black paint being scratched off! :(

·
Registered
961 Posts
Some clear sticky vinyl or some sort of cling film type stuff would work. We have Fiestas at work which have metal seat backs and theres some clear sticky film on them, my guess is the Corsas have this too but its been peeled off along with the plastic seat covers, footwell plastic sheets etc. when the dealer has valeted it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Buy some thin black carpet or plastic cover if you prefer cut it to shape and use black velcro in a few places to hold it in place would be real cheap and easy to do, im going to do it when I have time for my fishing tackle.

also easy to remove if needed

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies! :D

Currently looking for some kind of gripping rubber mat - something I can just roll and store in the boot when the seats are back up.

I'll post back what I find, hopefully might assist others looking for a similar solution! :cool:

G

·
Both my D's (1.2 Energy and 1.4T Black Edition) had bare metal rear seat back but my E VX-Line has cloth backing, probably because it is a split back and not a single one piece.

·
Registered
961 Posts
gkmorris said:
Both my D's (1.2 Energy and 1.4T Black Edition) had bare metal rear seat back but my E VX-Line has cloth backing, probably because it is a split back and not a single one piece.
That's exactly the reason, its the same on D's with split folding seats, my C SXi years ago was the same as are other small cars like Fiestas.

My cars the same with the cloth seat back, and 60/40 split folding seat, i believe only the SRi/SRi-VX Line and SE have this as standard now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bought this last week -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151253939823?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=450312445565&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bought the smallest size - 1 metre x 1 metre.

It fits really well across the metal back of the seats, no trimming required if you tuck it in nicely.

Grips well, and arrived in a few days - cost just over £11 all in.

Definitely worth a look if you carry sharp objects in the boot. For me, it's all my bass gear, and general band stuff....hardcases can be quite abrasive! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.