Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just curious on a few things....i see alot of corsa D LE round my area and i pulled up in my new E limited Edition next to one just before...
I couldnt help notice how much i still loved the old shape..it seems to have nicer style alloys compared to mine....also i notice the d LE always seem to sit alot lower than mine. As if they have a lower ride height.
Is this the case? Also look like the side skirts look not as beefed up on the new model.
Not complaining as i love my E its just they seem to not be as 'sporty' as the previous model

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems to b across the range...
No SXI....
Just ordered an sri, looks exactly same as every other corsa apart from seat trim pattern and black alloys :(

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's more because the E is slimmer, and the facelift is designed to make it look even more that way. The front of the E looks miles better than the D and more aggressive.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have to agree in terms of the back... I do like the D's back more although I do like the E's front more... just can't win

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The 3dr E rear is nice, better than the Ds imo, but the 5dr E rear isn't as nice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Parked my E next to a D tonight and the D defintely looks lower. Front of the E is so much better though.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I much prefer the look of the E from the front, and, like others, the 3dr E from the rear looks so much nicer, much more sporty.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think it's more of an illusion given off by the fronts of each model. They way the E is designed could wel make it look like it sits higher.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's the E all day long for me the D may look lower and slightly chunkier but the E looks more classy

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The E LE will be everywhere too. Just not been out long enough. Es are already fairly common, and it is the LE that is not exactly limited..

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Actually on my travels I have seen very few E LE's. Stings, Sting R's and Excites are much more common on the roads even allowing for the short time they have been on sale. I suspect the relatively high price of the LE in the current range will limit it somewhat?

PS. I know this goes against the poll results on this forum but I suspect many Corsa owners just buy their car because it is cheap rather than being car enthusiasts so may not come on forums like this unless they have a problem. LE owners are more likely to be enthusiastic about their car and will join forums.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I guess it depends where you drive - Motorways etc would probably show off more 5dr lower spec models due to either them being fleet vehicles or commuter vehicles which people buy just to get from A to B.

Round towns you'd probably see LEs more - I do round my way. I do like that my Excite isn't like all the others though, just a mashup of an SRi and Excite.. :lol:

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've seen loads of LEs in and around Glasgow and surrounding areas, mainly driven by hot young women too ;)

I've seen a lot of Stings and Excites too, hadnt seen many SRis from when I got mine until about a week and a half ago and now seen a glut of them, saw 3 Lifes, and the Design spec has become increasingly frequent a site, its the SE which is hard to spot, most I've seen have been hire cars, courtesy cars, replacement vehicles and so on (given away by the green E sticker for enterprise on the bootlid, europcar Windscreen stickers, Courtesy Car written up the side of them or bodyshop decals on them) which is unusual as its normally the base/lower spec models which get bought/leased by hire and daily rental firms, bodyshops and accident repair centres.

The VX-Line SRi is possibly the rarest of all which is a shame as IMO its one of if not THE best looking E.

Local dealer has a couple of white VXRs which are the only ones I've seen, I'm not impressed by the interior (not that I dislike it or any other E interior as again its one of if not THE best small car interiors currently) but in a sense that it's not that different to normal Es or particularly special, its just looks like an SRi/LE interior that someone has fitted a Sting R steering wheel and gear knob too and lobbed in a couple of D VXR front Recaro seats, the steering wheel doesn't even have a VXR logo on it. It's very tame and toned down, probably as a result of people thinking the D was a bit lairy and boy racer styled so rather than finding a way of keeping it interesting and special without being chavvy Vauxhall have just not bothered. The front bumper is horrid also. The rear and side are nice but not different enough, and the wheels are pretty. I honestly think the LE front end is more suited to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts