Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya I've had my car just a few months and I really need some advice please. The dab part of the radio doesn't work..fm is fine but when I go on the dab I try and retune it and search but it does nothing..is there a full reset somewhere or does it need to go back?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Can't see why it wouldn't work unless you're in an area where you don't get DAB signal.

The search takes quite some time, so make sure you leave it long enough

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I remember mine taking a while. What does seem odd to me though is the fact that stations stored on the preset tabs can be a mix of fm and dab stations. I would have thought there would be separate presets within each band.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm really impressed with the DAB. Partly due to being unimpressed with the £500 add on Dab on the previous Lexus, which was pretty much useless. When we enquired, the Lexus dealer said it was a weak DAB area (insert your favourite swear word).

Are the presets mixed? Ours seems to change with the selected source as when I'm in the car I listen to a station that isn't available on DAB.

Off topic - apologies for that - is it normal for the volume to be so different from the radio to an external source? We listen to the radio at about 4, but it needs to be 28 when using my phone via bluetooth - painful when we forget to change it back!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yes! I asked the same thing - apparently it's due to the quality of the MP3 tracks. Also it's better if you plug a device directly into the USB slot. I have all my music on a usb flash drive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
LeachiE said:
Yes! I asked the same thing - apparently it's due to the quality of the MP3 tracks. Also it's better if you plug a device directly into the USB slot. I have all my music on a usb flash drive.
Ah ok that sounds a bit like a dealer excuse - but at least I'm not alone. USB it is then.

Apologies again for going off piste.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yea the Presets are mixed between DAB and FM, though I just changed mine for the DAB equivalent for many of them, and swapped some out for other stations entirely

1 - 8 of 8 Posts