Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else think Vauxhall stole their cues for the E dashboard from the Citroen DS3, looks pretty similar?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
LOL, I guess most modern small car dashes look similar. However the DS3 does at least have the touchscreen mounted higher up which is safer and more practical than the position of the intellilink in the Corsa. Loving the yellow seats :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mud4fun said:
LOL, I guess most modern small car dashes look similar. However the DS3 does at least have the touchscreen mounted higher up which is safer and more practical than the position of the intellilink in the Corsa. Loving the yellow seats :)
The style of the gloss black part and the shape round the outer vents and positioning of ththe Central vents is almost identical to the Corsa, the shape of the console round the gear lever plus the buttons at either side of the touchscreen are almost identical again.

Someone who doesn't know much about cars could be shown a pic of a DS3 dash and a Corsa dash and not be able to identify which was which, you couldn't confuse a Fiesta/Polo/208/Clio dash with a Corsa as they ar clearly different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Haha, yeah the fiesta dash is different, it is dire!! ;-) Buttons randomly deposited all over the place, looks a mess. The Corsa has the nicest dash IMHO, even nicer than the DS3, it just has a more coherent feel to it. Agreed though, gloss black trim and vent design are very similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Arrrggghh my mrs mate has just been in the car yesterday and she has managed to hit the dash with her handbag I presume and left a small scratch,any way off removing scratches from the shiny bit of the dash? :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
I absolutely LOVE that hot pink dash and gear stick! Hmm, maybe I should get a DS3 instead, lol! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
LeachiE said:
Hmm, maybe I should get a DS3 instead, lol! :D
or buy an Adam! ;-)

My 8 year old daughter was smitten by the saleswomen at our local Vauxhall dealership (or the other way around) and they had a long discussion about all the shades of pink that an Adam could be specified with - It turned out that if you were really lacking in taste you could have virtually every panel in a different shade of pink! :-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
mud4fun said:
LeachiE said:
Hmm, maybe I should get a DS3 instead, lol! :D
or buy an Adam! ;-)

My 8 year old daughter was smitten by the saleswomen at our local Vauxhall dealership (or the other way around) and they had a long discussion about all the shades of pink that an Adam could be specified with - It turned out that if you were really lacking in taste you could have virtually every panel in a different shade of pink! :-(
I would do, but would go for the lovely bright turquoise blue that they had in the showroom! Sadly, Adman is only a 3 door and I need a 5dr! I bet your daughter will one day get her all over pink Adam! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
skywhite said:
Arrrggghh my mrs mate has just been in the car yesterday and she has managed to hit the dash with her handbag I presume and left a small scratch,any way off removing scratches from the shiny bit of the dash? :x
Anyone? :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
skywhite said:
skywhite said:
Arrrggghh my mrs mate has just been in the car yesterday and she has managed to hit the dash with her handbag I presume and left a small scratch,any way off removing scratches from the shiny bit of the dash? :x
Anyone? :shock:
No idea I'm afraid. It depends on how deep it is. I have no experience of removing scratches from painted plastic but light scratches on painted metal can normally be polished out with a special rubbing compound or hidden using a colour matched wax and then polished level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
Probably able to do it with a plastic polish or similar, or ask your dealer, they'll know how to do something to help it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
I'm in the middle of cleaning the corsa and just about to clean the dash,not that its dirty just a little dusty lol So Il update on how the dash goes. Dont really know best way to clean that bloody painted plastic with apart from a damp microfibre cloth?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top