Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I visited the dealer and tried out 3 different Corsas. First was the 1.4T SRi VX-line, then the 1.2Excite, folllowed by a 1.4 Excite. Well, from this I decided that I preferred the seats in the Excite to those in the SRi which I found a bit uncomfortable. I was there for over 3 hours, and, yep, I still haven't decided! :roll: Although I did narrow it down to either Excite or SE trims. :D However, I hadn't seen the new spec list until just now as posted in another thread which now gives Energy/Excite trim heated door mirrors. Now, that was the main thing that put me off the Excite before, the lack of heated door mirrors.

Anyway, here's how i found teh engines:

1.2 - A LOT better than the D's 1.2, once you get out of first gear.
1.4T - Like before, this was so responsive and felt quite hard to tame, but that is probably partly down to me not being used to the car and needing to learn how to drive it differently to the Ibiza's turbo engine.
1.4n/a - Felt more 'manageable', but very quick off the mark, but with all the hills on th e Island I think I would regret not getting the turbo as I am so used to that bit extra power there when I need it.

So, we looked at the stock online and there are plenty of Corsas coming into the Country soon, but none in my preferred colour of Shiny Rock. The 1.4 Excite I drove was in Asteroid grey, but I wasn't overly keen. I think it would look too black on a cloudy day. Having seen the trim level changes for MY16 this evening I might just wait a bit longer until the new specs are available to order.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
what was the mileage on the engines Leachie? I found my 1.4T actually got more responsive, more free revving, more powerful and more economical after a few thousand miles. I'm guessing the other engines will be the same. So if they were low mileage units and you felt the engines performed well they should perform even better once fully run in :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
LeachiE said:
Today, I visited the dealer and tried out 3 different Corsas. First was the 1.4T SRi VX-line, then the 1.2Excite, folllowed by a 1.4 Excite. Well, from this I decided that I preferred the seats in the Excite to those in the SRi which I found a bit uncomfortable. I was there for over 3 hours, and, yep, I still haven't decided! :roll: Although I did narrow it down to either Excite or SE trims. :D However, I hadn't seen the new spec list until just now as posted in another thread which now gives Energy/Excite trim heated door mirrors. Now, that was the main thing that put me off the Excite before, the lack of heated door mirrors.

Anyway, here's how i found teh engines:

1.2 - A LOT better than the D's 1.2, once you get out of first gear.
1.4T - Like before, this was so responsive and felt quite hard to tame, but that is probably partly down to me not being used to the car and needing to learn how to drive it differently to the Ibiza's turbo engine.
1.4n/a - Felt more 'manageable', but very quick off the mark, but with all the hills on th e Island I think I would regret not getting the turbo as I am so used to that bit extra power there when I need it.

So, we looked at the stock online and there are plenty of Corsas coming into the Country soon, but none in my preferred colour of Shiny Rock. The 1.4 Excite I drove was in Asteroid grey, but I wasn't overly keen. I think it would look too black on a cloudy day. Having seen the trim level changes for MY16 this evening I might just wait a bit longer until the new specs are available to order.
Not driven the 1.4T myself but I would agree re the 1.2 and 1.4 n/a's, I find with my 1.4 oddly it gets up to speed a lot quicker just driving normally than if you nail it, sometimes I'll nail it a bit unintentionally when I've been driving more powerful cars at work at work which need less off a hammering to pick up speed and I'll be like "damn this is slow" other times driving along working my speed up through the gears just taking it easy and I'm at 40mph going "bloody hell I was only doing 10mph a second ago" i also find either in 4th or 5th once you hit 60mph it hits a wee flat spot between there and 75,:but even in 5th gear it shifts and takes off like a wee bullet above 75 to the point the digital speedo briefly shows 90 and your backing right off going "ooft wasn't expecting that" they have done a great job reworking the old D engines and whilst they aren't the bees knees they are a world apart and hard to believe they are the same engines almost.

Shiny Rock is a brilliant colour in the flesh, I'm glad I "chose" it, it makes the car look sporty, its not too dark it doesn't show off or accentuate the cars features, and when polished and waxed it looks amazing, the colour charts make it look a bland grey like the old "technical grey" but its more light smoke grey and has so much depth in the flesh, doesn't look flat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts