Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys this is a very easy and cheap modification. Only cost me £2 :D

Right firstly, remove the rear wiper by undoing the wiper bolt

Now open the boot and in the handles to pull the boot down, there are 2 torx screws to be removed, one in each handle

Now this plastic trim very easily pulls off

Now undo this bolt holding the motor in

The motor is held in by a further 2 clips, simply grap hold of the motor and twist it and will come off in your hand

I found it easier to then remove the wire leading to the motor. Now the motor should be removed

Now I placed the nut holding the wiper on to the motor back on so I dont loose it

Then cable tied the wire away

Now simply pull this rubber grommet through and off the car and again I put this on the motor so I dont loose it

Now fully clean your window and insert the new Blanking Grommet which also fits Corsa C's & D's

Also I placed the bolt holding the motor in back in place so I dont loose it

Now fit everything back together in reverse to removing

Please Note Subwoofer Users......

I noticed since the motor was missing my subwoofer made the boot extremely rattly and the vibrations was embarrassing to drive around in. So I wedged 1 thick blanket and 2 sheets behind the black plastic trim

This stopped the rattling and violent vibrations caused by the sub
I know this was very bodge job to solve the problem BUT its very cheap and works!!

Hope this helps everyone

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice tutorial. I've ordered the grommet so I'll be doing this when it arrives.

I won't have the problem of the sub, however I was planning to get one. Not so sure now. Haha. What power output is your sub?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jimmy1mc said:
Hey bud, should the rear wiper slide off or does it unscrew after you take the first bolt off as mine seems pretty tight on there?
Lift the wiper up in the air, now grab the base of where it's connected to the motor and wiggle it until it slides off. Yes mine was tight but give it a good wiggle side to side an it will soon be off

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear bud.
I've decided for all my modifications which people may be interested in I will make a full picture guided thread to help Corsa E owners for many years to come :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.