Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Corsa LE was supposed to be delivered to the dealer on the 9th of July. I called up on the day to ask if it had been delivered. They said no.. Strange. I asked when and they said the 16th (so a week later than originally stated). I asked why this has happened and the only answer they could give me was that they just follow what the system says.
It was quite disappointing as I've been waiting for a little while and I thought I'd be driving around in it by now :|

Did anyone else experience this with their dealer? It almost seems like they have my money so they're just taking as long as they want to now!

:roll:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Cars are funny things, there can be delays that are unforeseen and all sorts can happen but the way I got tret was that they wanted rid of the cars ASAP so they're not stuck with them and have a stockpile so I do believe there may have been a hiccup such as a car had to be delivered somewhere else and therefore yours couldn't be loaded on the same vehicle?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep mine was a week later then the date that they originally stated!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I ordered mine 9th feb and was told about 5 weeks. 5 weeks came and went. In the end I picked the car up 30th April.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My original pickup date was 5 days after I ordered it, in the end it was 10 days due to the spray booth being busy. Although even on my pickup date, the wheels hadn't been sprayed, so I ended up with Official SRi wheels.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Those black wheels look good against the lime green, so worth the wait. :)

My car was 3 weeks later than the dealer thought it would be. When I ordered it (mid January) I was told first week March. I finally took delivery on virtually the last working day of March.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Those black wheels look good against the lime green, so worth the wait. :)

My car was 3 weeks later than the dealer thought it would be. When I ordered it (mid January) I was told first week March. I finally took delivery on virtually the last working day of March.
Indeed they do, and I agree! It was a matter of days anyway, so hardly a true wait in terms of what the rest of you had to hold off for!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Klesmy said:
I ordered mine 9th feb and was told about 5 weeks. 5 weeks came and went. In the end I picked the car up 30th April.
You were lucky, I ordered mine 21 of January...I got it on 19 of may. High demand was the answer. At least they made me some small discount, and their representative registered the car for free.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Cloud said:
Klesmy said:
You were lucky, I ordered mine 21 of January...I got it on 19 of may. High demand was the answer. At least they made me some small discount, and their representative registered the car for free.
Wow, I assume you ordered some extra options? Mine was a factory order. Placed order on about 16th Jan and collected car on 27th March. However mine had no optional extras, just basic 1.4T LE but in limelight green hence the factory order. I was told that some option packs add several weeks to order such as the cycle carrier. I think it requires a modified chassis/shell. Not sure how true that is but I guess due to how it works and the potential load on shell when fully loaded it could be true.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I was told today that if I order now I am looking at mid October for delivery. There are, however a few hundred due in the country this week. Mostly red, black, white or asteroid grey.

·
Registered
454 Posts
mud4fun said:
Cloud said:
Klesmy said:
Wow, I assume you ordered some extra options? Mine was a factory order. Placed order on about 16th Jan and collected car on 27th March. However mine had no optional extras, just basic 1.4T LE but in limelight green hence the factory order. I was told that some option packs add several weeks to order such as the cycle carrier. I think it requires a modified chassis/shell. Not sure how true that is but I guess due to how it works and the potential load on shell when fully loaded it could be true.
Mine is a standard sting no factory extras. When I complained I got a car until mine was ready as my part ex had died! But as this was after the quoted delivery date they honoured the deal. Got mats and mud flaps in too. They car was worth the wait!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts