Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will disconnecting the battery cause any problems with radio are they coded?the reason I ask is my alarm doesn't cherp,and I was reading on another forum that if I disconnect the battery and hold down the remote button when I reconnect the battery this will turn the cherp on.

·
Registered
961 Posts
No it should be fine, older Vauxhalls used a coded radio with the code marked on the car pass card, up to Vectra and Corsa C prefacelifts, and Astra mk4s, after this when they changed to the CD30 model radios they started "pairing" them to the cars vin rather than a radio code so if you wanted to upgrade your radio for example from a CD30 to CDC40 DAB or a CD70 Navi unit you had to "divorce" this unit from the donor car back to a "virgin" unit otherwise when fitted to your car it wouldn't be able to be paired.

Long winded answer but in a nutshell No, it won't cause the radio to need a code entering or stop it functioning, worst case you will need to retune all your autostored favourite stations.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Was the alarm an optional extra?

Before I bought my car I extensively researched the specs and options available on the E and found no mention of an alarm on any spec either as standard or as an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.