Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am getting parking sensors not drive assist which i presume u mean when the car park its self if you mean Parking sensors Vauxhall car accessorie magazine charges painted front and back £690 however I know a mechanic who is going to do it for £230

·
Registered
203 Posts
anthony said:
Vauxhall call parking sensors park assist.self parking is advanced park assist, which I have on my LE
I didn't get the self parking feature in the end. Do you find that you use it a lot, or do you just end up going with good old fashioned driving lesson parallel park? Lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anthony sorry that's just laziness what is the point in park assist ? Are you bad at parking? Imagine people doing driving test and they ask to do parallel parking do u think the driving instructor will let him use park assist erm I think not

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I also do not agree with some driver aids as it can lead to people being too reliant on them and not being able to drive a car without them. However I keep my thoughts on the subject generally to myself on here. I have vented my thoughts about them, especially park assist, on my blog. Anthony like myself has many years of driving experience and skills long before this technology existed so it is merely another tool to use for our age group. I do not have any tech packs on my car. I don't need them however Anthony got a capital model which included some stuff anyway.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
As ian said I got the technical pack as part of the car at no extra cost not something I would pay for,I've only used the self park a couple of times.and to be quite honest I can park quicker without it,the other stuff is quite useful,lane discipline,blind spot alert,rear camera,parking sensors,traffic sign recognition and self dimming rear view mirror

·
Registered
203 Posts
I wondered if it would take longer to sort out the set park feature. Probably becomes simpler to just park yourself! :)

I do kind of wish I had gone for the packs though to get the other features like lane discipline, blind spot alert and rear camera... :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.