Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the difference from the base driver information centre in lower spec cars compared to the driver information centre?

Also any photos of the difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
This question has been asked as I was asking the same its under the heading multi function trip computer. Basically all it shows on life sting and sting r edition is basic information trip outside temperature tyre pressure and I think it has mpg. I can't say all information yet as I have not my corsa sting r yet

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the sting shows you the mpg. I contacted a sting owner and he said it never displayed it.

I drove an sri for a test drive and it showed you the mpg on the screen and it changed constantly when driving. I would quite like that as it keeps me from putting the foot down and reminds me to drive economically.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
joeboy said:
the mpg on the screen and it changed constantly when driving. I would quite like that as it keeps me from putting the foot down and reminds me to drive economically.
mine does that as well keeps going from 24mpg to 99mpg then back again. also I went to Brighton last Monday over 100 miles all motor way and it shows my average speed as 17mph? at 24mpg?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
While the trip/fuel computer is nice to have they are not always very accurate. I would never quote an mpg figure from the trip, I prefer to brim, drive, brim again and work out mpg that way as it is more accurate. The manufacturers often seem to err on the optimistic side with their fuel computers and many over read by 5-10% so it looks like you are getting better than you are. In my experience French cars are worst for this while BMW's are the most accurate. I'll be interested to see how accurate my Corsa is when it arrives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How can you find out the level and range of information available on a model by model basis? The Owners Manual deals with all potential facilities, but doesn't indicate what is available on each model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.