Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

easytronic gearchange

7K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Chooii 
#1 ·
Hi...Just picked up 2020 Corsa E brochure and it looks like the easytronic option has been dropped, although an automatic system is mentioned.
Having had the easytronic gearchange in my last three Corsas completely free of any problems, I am a bit disappointed. Has anyone got experience of the auto gearchange now specified? Thank you.

#5 ·
Easytronic gearboxes are basically just manual boxes with a computer bolted on top of it to do the shifts.
The automatic gearbox in the new Corsa F and the new 208 is the PSA EAT8 which is build by Aisin in Japan (Toyota owned company) and is a real automatic box with torque converter and planetary gearsets.

#6 ·
Thanks to the responses about the gear change. I inspected the 2020 Corsa which was in a showroom and most disappointed with the changes. No heated windscreen, showroom staff told me it would not be needed due to advanced ventilation system!, dull interior, reshaped windscreen and massaging driver seat!!!!!! Having had Vauxhall's for 25+ years, I have decided to bite the bullet and leave the Vauxhall family of cars , so disappointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.