Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.4 16v corsa sxi. I was wondering if any1 could tell me more about doing a possible remap I find the car to be slow as hell. And what sort of difference would it make ? Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I personally don't think it would make a big difference because it's not turbocharged but I could be wrong.

You are better off talking to your local remap Centre. They can tell you there and then on the phone what gains you will be looking at.

Hope this helped! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have emailed a couple of company's and asked a few questions. It's just that slow off the mark and apparently it's meant to help a bit and possibly make it better on fuel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not sure it's worth the money you'll pay for a remap, I imagine on a non turbo engine you'll get maybe 10 bhp, which will not really be noticeable, especially as you'll be spending 200-300 on a map.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks is there anything you would recommend doing to it to help a bit. My gf dad has the 1.3 cdti and it feels like a racing car compared to mine. Makes mine feel like a bus.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Remember you dads is all torque as it is a turbocharged diesel engine.

I can't really recommend anything without spending alot of money. But I am interested to here what the other guys can recommend for you.

:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh right. It's not the top end speed that I'm bothered about its more so off the mark. My last car was a old 1.3 fiesta and that felt faster. Expected more from the sxi.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had my 1.4T mapped to 165bhp at stage 1 and cmartino has his at 180 with stage 2 if I remember, but this is on the turbo engines. Not sure what you can do to get any considerable gains on the na engine, fit a turbocharger maybe!

·
Registered
141 Posts
It wouldn't be possible to do on the Corsa E unless you had silly money to play with because it's not a case of just bolting the turbo on your engine architecture is completely different, you would need an entirely difference ECU, all the sensors would be missing also such as MAP sensors, the manifold would be different and generally speaking would be an electrical nightmare to fit, a new ECU alone is around 1.5k to buy that's without having Vauxhall program it to your car then you'll need the new engine wiring loom and that'll be around another 1k then you'll need the sensors the lot

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.