Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
No, I get the concept but for £300? I couldn't see the value of adding this. I wanted the winter-packs heated steering wheel but the dealer told me it was pointless because the heated seats aren't leather therefore it doesn't have the same effect - the steering wheel he said was good but for the sake of £220 it's not worth it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The winter pack is brilliant. The fact the seats aren't leather is irrelevant. £220 for a winter pack is an amazing price imo. Plus if you go for an Excite - it's included.

·
Registered
179 Posts
LimeyUK said:
The winter pack is brilliant. The fact the seats aren't leather is irrelevant. £220 for a winter pack is an amazing price imo. Plus if you go for an Excite - it's included.
I agree completely! I have added this option in my vx line! Best £220 i spent for ages!

·
Registered
90 Posts
craig5e said:
LimeyUK said:
I agree completely! I have added this option in my vx line! Best £220 i spent for ages!
Have to agree with the winter pack (even if it was included).

Even though it has been boiling recently we wanted to test the steering wheel and seats - and they got incredibly hot even when it was hot anyway! Can't wait to actually drive in winter (didn't think I would be saying that any time soon ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I liked the concept but was told it wasn't very good by the dealer... Awkward.

Is it too late for them to add things as he ordered the car on Wednesday and I requested it to take longer anyway.

Anyone know how good Climate Control is - as I may debate adding one or the other.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Matthew said:

Is it too late for them to add things as he ordered the car on Wednesday and I requested it to take longer anyway.

Anyone know how good Climate Control is - as I may debate adding one or the other.
A/C is good enough imo. Climate Control is over the top for us in the UK - our weather is rarely extreme enough for us to truly need it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Matthew said:

A/C is good enough imo. Climate Control is over the top for us in the UK - our weather is rarely extreme enough for us to truly need it.
Not sure they'd let me put winter pack on although it's only been 4 days though I wouldn't know what it would go up to after. Gah may just be better to leave it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I never opted for the winter pack or the electronic climate control. As Limey says, in the UK we struggle to have more than a few weeks where it is hot enough to really warrant an air con system let alone climate control. Also as a hardy Northerner I'd say the same is true in winter, that it rarely gets cold enough to warrant heated seats and wheel. If you need them you're a wuss! ;-) ;-)

·
Registered
90 Posts
mud4fun said:
I never opted for the winter pack or the electronic climate control. As Limey says, in the UK we struggle to have more than a few weeks where it is hot enough to really warrant an air con system let alone climate control. Also as a hardy Northerner I'd say the same is true in winter, that it rarely gets cold enough to warrant heated seats and wheel. If you need them you're a wuss! ;-) ;-)
I have to say I have enjoyed the Air Con over the past week or so :lol:

I can see your point about the Winterpack, although the misses was very happy when she found out ;)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I've got air con, it is not as good as my previous pickup truck though, doesn't get anywhere near as cold. I'm yet to be convinced of the need of climate control though. Alot of money for what exactly? some pretty lit up dials?

Having said that, the Corsa A/C seems to have zero impact on mpg whereas my previous pickup truck lost as much as 10% on its mpg when the A/C was on. My Corsa managed 72mpg last week on a long run with the A/C on 100% of the tme. Very impressive so I'll live with it not being quite so cool. ;-)

·
Registered
455 Posts
mud4fun said:
Being In the north, I'll admit I'm a wuss when I scrape the ice off without gloves and can barely feel my hands so the warm wheel would be nice haha

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Why do you need to scrape ice off? I get in car, turn heater to full, fan on full and sit back to have a ***. Within 5 minutes car is warm enough so that all ice has melted. That is without even using heated screens. Far safer anyway as it means car is upto temp before setting off. Simply scraping ice off and then driving away can result in screens misting up quickly once you are on the move as car is not fully warmed up.

Only time I need to scrape anything off is when we get heavy snow and I use a snow shovel/broom for that so hands don't go anywhere near the ice/snow :)

Don't think I've ever had to scrape ice off a screen in 30 years of driving even in -20c temps other than when it has been snowing (which is rare anyway)

Curious how different people approach these things.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I wouldve liked the winter pack and climate control tbh, I like being able to set a constant temperature in the car but the saving on list of a car in stock at the dealers compared with doing a factory order to have these things and paying the higher price wasn't worth the extra, because it wouldn't have just been the £220 for winter pack and £300 for climate control, I would've been paying nearly full list on the car too which would've been another £1500 on top, not worth it IMO.

I could've bought the Excite and got winter pack included but I found the nicer wee touches of the SRI that I can appreciate all the time were preferable to the winter pack in my eyes (sports alloy pedals, visible exhaust pipe, black wheels, heated mirrors, digital speedo, carpeted rear seat back due to 60/40 split rear seat which looks better, ambient lighting, sports seats, red stitching on gear lever/steering wheel/handbrake etc)

Plus all models have the most valuable heated part of all, the windscreen, wanted a car with one for years since I first experienced it on a Ford, but as mud4fun says, I don't scrape my car either, I do what he does, although mainly in my case to avoid marking or scratching the glass with a scraper etc. as im OCD like that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
mud4fun said:
Why do you need to scrape ice off? I get in car, turn heater to full, fan on full and sit back to have a ***. Within 5 minutes car is warm enough so that all ice has melted. That is without even using heated screens. Far safer anyway as it means car is upto temp before setting off. Simply scraping ice off and then driving away can result in screens misting up quickly once you are on the move as car is not fully warmed up.

Only time I need to scrape anything off is when we get heavy snow and I use a snow shovel/broom for that so hands don't go anywhere near the ice/snow :)

Don't think I've ever had to scrape ice off a screen in 30 years of driving even in -20c temps other than when it has been snowing (which is rare anyway)

Curious how different people approach these things.
You could wait years in my current car for the windows to de-ice, besides when it's thick snow it takes ages for it to start melting and I find that usually it's that cold when it melts it will try re-freeze.

I'd prefer a digital speedo but it appears the LE doesn't have one.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hehe, Hendry how much would you cringe if you saw me scraping snow off with a huge plastic shovel ;-) ;-)

Even my 1960 Land Rover with virtually no interior heating still de-ices itself after about 10mins idling so just needs two **** wait instead of one :)

The old thing of not leaving car idling for ages to warm up is largely a myth these days. 40 years ago engine oil was 20w/50 mineral oil and engines had little oil pressure from cold at low rpm so engines would be trashed if left idling. With modern oils and better oil pump and circulation designs oil pressure is high even from cold. Also the tiny amount of extra fuel used while warming up is offset by safer mist free windows and not having to drive along with choke on which cripples performance and mpg anyway.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The blower on my current car doesn't have any strength behind it and especially on the windscreen it only touches the middle of it rather than the whole screen
mud4fun said:
Matthew, the LE does have a digital speedo. I use it all the time in SPECs sections on the motorway!!!
OO fantastic didn't know that, the analogue one I can't read 30/70 easily but do you just enable that via the settings somehow? Ill have to have a fiddle with it when I get mine

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes, there is a toggle button on the indicator stalk. When set to one way it shows the trip menu, when toggled the other way it shows the vehicle settings.

Then there is a rotary switch at the end of the stalk which you flick 1/4 turn one way or the other to cycle through the menus.

Trip functions are:

Trip 1 - trip distance, avg mpg, avg speed
Trip 2 - as above
Instant mpg
Digital speedo

Vehicle settings are:

Oil life
Tyre pressures
Tyre load

You can reset values using the button built into the end of the indicator stalk. Press and hold.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.