Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First post to the forum, a little help needed.

I picked up my New Corsa under 3 weeks ago, now I know there is a problem with Vauxhall and their Emissions, I have replaced Numerous MAFs in the past, except they were on older cars!

I have phoned Vauxhall Assist and been told that as long as no power loss then it is ok to drive and if light doesn't extinguish after 2-3 days get booked in for scanning.

Further reading of this issue has drawn me to the EGR valve? Anyone had any experience of this in the new model? I found plenty of videos and guides on the C and D variants but nothing as yet for the E, any ideas of exactly where this particular module is as would rather go for a more permanent fix than some of the issues others have had with Vauxhall on this matter.

Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
My engine management light comes on telling me that it detects catalysis efficiency problems but that's just because it's been removed and not had the error mapped out yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Picked up our 2015 Corsa 1.3 Diesel SE a week ago and already the Engine Management / emissions light is on, we have only done 150 miles, came on on Saturday on our first long journey. Very disappointing, I didn't expect to have a fault so early on, on a brand new car, this doesn't bode very well does it, I hope it isn't the shape of things to come, good job our dealership is close, I can see plenty of trips to it coming up.

I used to work in a Vauxhall garage a long time ago (2000) and back then we had loads of problems with EGR values, we were replacing at least 1 a week back then, I would have thought after 15 years they would have fixed the design problems! Are EGR's still causing issues after all this time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.