Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the same problem, I am eagerly waiting to hear regarding the breater valve.

Is it something you can change yourself (the valve itself looks easy to change) but does it need tuning or anytihng with a computer once installed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
autoseo said:
pericardium said:
For anyone looking at buying another breather valve, don't make the same mistake as me and buy the wrong one!
So did you change it yourself or took a car to a Vx garage?
I changed it myself.

gronji2004 said:
I am having the same problem, I am eagerly waiting to hear regarding the breater valve.

Is it something you can change yourself (the valve itself looks easy to change) but does it need tuning or anytihng with a computer once installed?
Yes, easy enough to change yourself. I struggled a lot to get the pipe off the end of the valve and actually ended up breaking the clip that keeps the pipe on the valve. It's a very stiff pipe though and doesn't seem to budge very easily even though the clip is broken, so I've just left it as is.

The part number is '020 142 487'. Originally I bought one from eBay which was advertised as 'Bosch' but was unlabelled, and this part still made the ticking noise. I went to my local GSF car parts shop and they ordered a genuine Bosch part in for me next-day for roughly £35+VAT. Vauxhall charge a pretty penny more for this.

Since changing this, there is no more ticking noise for me! Woohoo!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad to hear your problem is solved.

Sadly I have just replaced mine with a genuine Bosch valve and the ticking is still there (when I feel the valve it does feel like it is vibrating a lot). This to me is very bizzare as surely now I replaced the valve it would have fixed the problem?

Could the power supply to the valve be an issue or something? Im really stumped!

Could this lead to something else causing the issue?

Had the timing chain done for free on warranty and that didn't make any change either.

Getting really fed up now ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently had the timing chain replaced in my Corsa E 1.0T LE 115bhp, 2015. It went into limp as i had run the oil level too low and my guess is the chain had slipped a tooth, or not quite a whole one, as the car starts and idles fine, on up rev, no issues apart from loss of power but on deceleration quite prominent ticking or rattle from the engine. also it seems to be knocking when i ppull away now which it wasnt before... Bearing in mind it has just had the new timing chain kit fitted, engine flush, new sump gaskets, oil, oil filter. in fact, it seems worse now than before i put it in the garage... any ideas? im hoping its not the VVT or balance rod

41 - 48 of 48 Posts