Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car never used to do this and has only started the past couple of days, just wondering if anyone elses car has done this same, so my fuel light came on, low fuel level trip computer message, and the last bar went red, I went for a Chinese takeaway and parked the car facing up a very slight incline, came out and the last bar had gone white again, fuel light off and no low fuel message, next day I filled the tank, did maybe 60miles and it dropped from 8 to 7 bars, then I parked on a totally flat bit of road and iot went back to full 8 bars again for another few miles, then earlier dropped from 6 to 5 bars, stayed at 5 bars for ages, then went back to 6 as I was driving then after about 4 or 5 miles dropped back down to 5 again. Dunno what the hell is going on, only started doing this at the weekend.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Try filling up the tank, might help it recalibrate or something.

·
Registered
152 Posts
my car does the same sometimes a bar goes missing then comes back even if parked on plain ground it's the problem of having a digital gauge

·
Registered
455 Posts
Think as above, digital gauges tend to change unfortunately as my mums mini does the same sometimes, it'll come up with 2 bars remaining, park and go away for a while, come back and it's on 3 for a good few miles then it'll jump back and forth.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
This is normal Hendry, not just on the Corsa but on most new cars I've driven. In fact even the old analogue gauges behave the same. If I park my old Land Rover on our sloping drive the fuel gauge moves up to show say 1/2 tank but when driving off, after a mile or two it will move back down to 1/3 tank. My Corsa has done the same, park on drive at 7 bars and next morning when setting off the gauge will show 8 bars for a mile or so. All my jap pickups did exactly the same too.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I've had analogue ones do it and my son's Saxo does it too, but my Ibiza's digital gauge has never done it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts