Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've had my Excite A/C now since June and one thing that always confused me on the spec list was that it had heated front and rear windscreen but not heated wing/door mirrors.

I have read on here the newer Energy does have that.

Well, the other morning, I pressed the single button that heats both screens and......the wing mirrors heated up to :eek: happy days.
As an experiment, I pressed the button again today, whilst they were completely clear and with a passenger in the car and again, the mirrors became warm once more.

I'm sure I cannot be alone or lucky on this but pleasantly surprised :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
This has cropped up before, I think most Excite A/C's have the heated mirrors. It wasn't documented on the spec list. Do you have the multi function trip too? that was also not in the spec list for the Excite but again other have claimed theirs have them.

BTW nice fuelly mpg! :cool:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Do you have blind spot detection?
And do you own 3 or 5 dr?

I don't have heated door mirrors on my 3dr excite, at least I'm sure I don't - not really been able to test it yet. I couldn't feel it get warmer when I turned windscreen heater on though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sigh, here's me thinking mine was special lol!
Apologies, I did search but couldn't find a specific thread for it.
I think I do have the MFC but it doesn't have the digital speedo. It has the double trip computer and instant MPG readout/miles remaining.
As for fuel, most of mine is off peak motorway driving and stick in lane one, cruise control, 60 mph; old before my time lol

@LimeyUK
I have the advanced park assist so yes, it does have the blind spot detection and yes, 5 door (edited my sig accordingly, apologies)

Ah right, not sure then. Maybe it was a stealth upgrade as the corsa has evolved. Perhaps the early adopters weren't happy and Vauxhall saw the omission but never updated the literature. It doesn't get hot by any stretch but it's an obvious level of heat for sure

·
Registered
961 Posts
rachelisadog said:
Sigh, here's me thinking mine was special lol!
Apologies, I did search but couldn't find a specific thread for it.
I think I do have the MFC but it doesn't have the digital speedo. It has the double trip computer and instant MPG readout/miles remaining.
As for fuel, most of mine is off peak motorway driving and stick in lane one, cruise control, 60 mph; old before my time lol

@LimeyUK
I have the advanced park assist so yes, it does have the blind spot detection and yes, 5 door (edited my sig accordingly, apologies)

Ah right, not sure then. Maybe it was a stealth upgrade as the corsa has evolved. Perhaps the early adopters weren't happy and Vauxhall saw the omission but never updated the literature. It doesn't get hot by any stretch but it's an obvious level of heat for sure
I think we sussed the Excite gains heated mirrors if advanced park assist/blind spot detection option is specced. So that all be the reason you have them.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
As Hendry said it's more than likely because you have blind spot recognition specced. I originally wanted an Excite, but the fact that the mirrors weren't heated put me off as they are one thing I do need. However, it took me so long to decide that by the time I decided on an SRi VX line they changed Excite to Energy which gained heated mirrors, so that's what I went with. Still waiting for delivery though!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yea, it's blind spot detection, hence asking. I also asked to see if it could be on 5drs but not 3drs - as they are made in different countries, so it is a possibility.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
rachelisadog said:
As for fuel, most of mine is off peak motorway driving and stick in lane one, cruise control, 60 mph; old before my time
Snap! :)

Well the bit about mostly motorway in lane 1 with cruise, the old before my time doesn't apply because I am old..... ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts