Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been looking at the config on vauxhalls site, I noticed the exhaust is different on the excite and the excite ac. The ac shows into have the LE style oval tip and the excite has the little pea shooter. I have an ac but with the little pea shooter exhaust. Just wondering if it's a fault on the site or if it's something I should contact my dealer about. I know a few of you on here have the ac, what's yours like?
View attachment 30
View attachment 30

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
When I was looking before and considering the Excite a/c, it said that the chrome tip was for the 1.0t engines.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where does it mention it? I can't find it. I want the oval tip now lol

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It's on the website (not mobile site) where you can compare 3 different trim/equipment levels.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Looking at that it seems the Excite A/C has a black bumper diffuser with oval exhaust where as the non A/C one has a colour codes diffuser.

My SRi has the black diffuser and oval exhaust, however its not chrome tipped its just ordinary steel, its an odd one because on Corsa D's you either got the hidden "pea shooter" exhaust on Life, Club, SE etc and on LE, SRI and SXI you got visible chrome exhaust tailpipe, however from 63 plate the SXI started coming with still the visible oval exhaust tailpipe but no longer a chrome tailpipe, it looks a like this has been carried over to the E so now instead of 2 exhaust styles there's now 3, pea shooter, oval steel and oval chrome. The oval steel and oval chrome are identical other than the chrome one is just a bit of chrome welded onto the existing steel oval tailpipe (undo the welds on the chrome and it will slide off leaving an oval steel end)

At first I thought it was an attempt to give you an "extra" on the LE and SRi VX-Line over the other trims but it seems all 1.0T 115s regardless of trim get the chrome pipe so its a typical Vauxhall inconsistency

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 1.2 so maybe that's why I don't have the oval. I noticed on vx website you can buy the oval tip for around £50, I'm not sure if it will fit the hole in the bumper though?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I just looked into this on the Vauxhall car configurator and its very confusing, according to the online configurator on the 1.2 Excite A/C you SHOULD have the chrome exhaust tailpipe extension, if you go onto the configurator and choose the Excite A/C trim then scroll down to "exterior protection and styling" one of the features listed is "chrome exhaust tailpipe extension" and that's with the 1.2 fitted, there's no note to say you only get it on certain engines.

HOWEVER, I downloaded a PDF of the brochure and it says that only Excites with the 1.0T 115ps engine have the chrome tailpipe so they basically contradict each other.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They really do make a ballache out of things. My whole experience with pentagon in oldham after I ordered the car was pretty poor. This just adds to the list of things, aswell as my faulty air flow button. I'll be going in to see them tomorrow. Thanks for the help mate

·
Registered
961 Posts
VX-Dan said:
They really do make a ballache out of things. My whole experience with pentagon in oldham after I ordered the car was pretty poor. This just adds to the list of things, aswell as my faulty air flow button. I'll be going in to see them tomorrow. Thanks for the help mate
Now problems mate, if it makes you feel any better my experience with Arnold Clark in Linwood, Paisley was appalling as well, to the point I've made a formal complaint to their head office about the whole process, issues with paperwork, faults on the car itself, missing literature, and having to continually do all the running and do the salesman's job for him, even 2 weeks after collecting the car I had to go back to the dealership to resign finance docs as the salesman had made a mess of the first lot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rang my dealer this morning where I got the car from. They dismissed the problem as a fault onthe website. Looks like a bit of false advertising from VX. I know there's one or two on here who have an AC. What's your exhaust like?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts