Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening, I thought it's about time I started a thread to show the mods that I've done. Won't be doing anything too extreme, just small subtle things. Will also be getting some detailing products so there will be plenty of clean shiny car pics lol.
Here she is when I first got her View attachment 30

Here's the first things I've bought. Started with some tailored car mats (excuse the dirt and stones) View attachment 30

Secondly I got some VXR side repeater surrounds from a Corsa D. I love these and think they change the image of car so much! View attachment 30

I've ordered some carbon sticker sills and Heko wind deflectors so they will be added over the weekend, aswell as a clean and polish.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Porquito said:
Tomorrow i will get my! A 1.0T Red Magma with OPC Line! :)
Congratulations Porquito. I hope it provides you with good economy. I know that you will enjoy the rest of the car as it is a fine little car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
mud4fun said:
Porquito said:
Tomorrow i will get my! A 1.0T Red Magma with OPC Line! :)
Congratulations Porquito. I hope it provides you with good economy. I know that you will enjoy the rest of the car as it is a fine little car.
Thanks... I`m luke that i will have to do a trip of 380Km on the second day... after that i will post here my MPG! and some photos!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just finished polishing, was actually the first time I've ever polished a car. It was hard work. I won't look forward to doing it again lol. The results are good though. It's got it's shine back like when I first bought it. I used Turtle Wax Original and for the interior I used Turtle wax dash shine (new car smell) I didn't take any pics of the interior. Let me know what you think guys or any tips so I can do it better next time.
View attachment 30 View attachment 30 View attachment 30 View attachment 30

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looking really good - gave mine a good clean yesterday then last night we must have had a dust storm as car was covered in this morning ugh. Still worth doing though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers mate. Mine was quite dusty too so got it washed first. You don't realise how many grooves and contours they have until you're hand waxing it! The front bumper was a nightmare!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looks great in the photos after all your hard graft. So well worth it as said earlier.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Wow Dan you did a great Job. The darker colour seems to show the shine so much better than the lighter colours. I spent hours waxing and polishing mine but it just didn't seem to show off its shine as well in the photos. Mind you we had a dust storm the night I polished my cars and the next day it looked like somebody had tipped a bucket of sand over them :-(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot. Wasn't sure I'd done enough as I've seen some peoples cars looking like mirrors lol! Might have to do it once a month. I bought some Autoglym rapid detailer to do inbetween polishes

·
Registered
961 Posts
VX-Dan said:
Thanks a lot. Wasn't sure I'd done enough as I've seen some peoples cars looking like mirrors lol! Might have to do it once a month. I bought some Autoglym rapid detailer to do inbetween polishes
Don't! I was always told when I worked as a valeter from the more experienced guys that polishing it once a month was too much, you'll effectively eventually polish through the lacquer protecting the paint as there polish strips off a tiny layer of lacquer each times, that's how the shine is created, stripping the tiny layer of lacquer that's dirty and all the crap is stuck too off.

About 3/4 times a year is plenty. If an almost brand new car isn't mirror shiny after a polish then I think there's something wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How did you get the side repeaters out without damaging the painwork? Iv got myself some black ones im gona replace them with so would be handy to know thanks.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Cypherix said:
How did you get the side repeaters out without damaging the painwork? Iv got myself some black ones im gona replace them with so would be handy to know thanks.
it shows you in the hand book just slide to one side and they come out no need for any tools

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh ok :) thanks for the info. btw your car is looking very smart :p

P.s. i'm not lazy id have checked the hand book but havnt got the car yet hehe

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah they just slide right off. Easy job! I might change mine to some black LED ones soon

1 - 20 of 35 Posts