Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a weird one for you, motoring section pull out of the Daily Record (a Scottish national newspaper) on the back page is a full page advert for Vauxhall PCP available on 3 brand new 65 plate models, the Viva SE, Adam Jam and Corsa Excite :?:

Not sure if this means Vauxhall still have a stock of these (rather than dealer stock) that they are going to sell off as brand new unregistered cars despite it being discontinued or replaced.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
They would have made Excites right up till the start of the order bank for Energys I reckon. If not for a while after.

They'll just sell them at a slight lower cost to make it look like you're getting a really good deal.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You could buy new Astra H at bargain prices nearly two years after J came in. My cousin got one, and it wasnt even the latest facelift version.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, difference is Vauxhall werent advertising brand new old model Astra Hs in national press after the new version was on sale, thatll just be down to cars lying around unregistered for a while after the new model, Astra Js were new on 59plates but I know there was some overlap as I've seen loads of 10plate Hs in 5 door, the 3 door sport hatches were common up to 61 plate as they carried on producing that until the J GTC was ready, I did see an 11 plate H 5 door the other day which was a bit odd, much the same as the Astra H was new on 04 plate but you could still get Gs on 05 plates, the G coupe continued until 06 though until the H sport hatch was ready, however I have seen various oddities over the years like a P reg Cavalier (Vectras were out on N reg) a V reg mk3 Astra estate (Astra Gs came out on R reg) and a really odd one, a 53 plate Astra G SXi, nothing odd about that you might say, but it was the one without colour coded door handles, smoked head and tail lights, different seat trim, different alloy style that had been on sale since 2002, so effectively this car had definitely been lying around for 18months before it was registered.

I know Vauxhall will still have stock of the Excite but generally a manufacturer will wait until the stock is very low before introducing a replacement trim so they aren't trying to flog a discontinued trim in huge volumes nor do they usually advertise it in national press unless it's a mistake, a dealer might advertise it as "scoop purchase, hurry whilst stocks last, brand new unregistered car, save ££££s on list price" on a discontinued trim, seen that happen loads, unusual for the manufacturer to do it on a trim they no longer list on their configurator or website, to clarify what I mean, when the facelift Insignia came out Vauxhall were still pushing the prefacelift in the press etc but you could actually go on to Vauxhalls website and build/configure a prefacelift as if it was still a current model, this is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts