Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so the LE has black door mirror caps as well as roof, wheels and grille. However, is it just the caps or is the complete housing and base plate painted black or just unpainted black plastic?

The SRi VX-Line has the complete unit painted like early pre 2009 Corsa D's did, the non VX-Line SRi has just the cap painted, thinking of getting black door mirrors and the most obvious source is an LE because regardless of body colour all LEs have black mirrors, but they're no good to me if its just the cap as I want fully painted like the VX-Line.

Here's a pic of each to show what I mean:

Completely colour coded

Just colour coded cap but unpainted base plate and housing

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
mud4fun said:
yep, looks like painted all over in piano black:
piano black, mine are more like fine metallic black not at all like the dash which is piano black
Really? Mine are the same gloss black as the dash. Maybe it is because I have the bright yellow trim piece on the dash that the black section looks dull? :)

I thought piano black was just a generic term for high gloss black? which my mirrors appear to be even in the rain!?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
mud4fun said:
anthony said:
mud4fun said:
yep, looks like painted all over in piano black:
piano black, mine are more like fine metallic black not at all like the dash which is piano black
Really? Mine are the same gloss black as the dash. Maybe it is because I have the bright yellow trim piece on the dash that the black section looks dull? :)

I thought piano black was just a generic term for high gloss black? which my mirrors appear to be even in the rain!?
if I look closely there is definitely a speck of silver within the black. Unless it's overplay from the factory :lol:

G

·
Configurater specifies carbon flash mirror housings (same as roof) for the LE but knowing vauxhall it could be different for your colour Ian.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
gkmorris said:
Configurater specifies carbon flash mirror housings (same as roof) for the LE but knowing vauxhall it could be different for your colour Ian.
:D

I honestly wouldn't know what carbon flash looked like. :oops:

The mirrors just look the same glossy black as the dash insert to me so I used the term 'piano' black as in the past I've understood it to refer to shiny gloss black. I wouldn't put anything past VX now I know they can call something green when it is yellow! :twisted:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mud4fun said:
gkmorris said:
:D

I honestly wouldn't know what carbon flash looked like. :oops:

The mirrors just look the same glossy black as the dash insert to me so I used the term 'piano' black as in the past I've understood it to refer to shiny gloss black. I wouldn't put anything past VX now I know they can call something green when it is yellow! :twisted:
Carbon flash is basically the black paint colour most newish black Vauxhall cars are painted in, which isn't solid "dull" black its got a sort of fleck to it giving it a sparklier finish, makes it look more metallic whereas other blacks look solid like bright red and white coloured cars do too. Still doesn't stop them looking dirty just as easy or showing up scratches badly.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
um, my mirrors don't look metallic black to me (or even with metal flakes). They just look like deep plain gloss black. I'll get another photo tomorrow in better light if/when it stops raining!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Anthony, apologies, you were quite correct. The rain stopped, sun came out and mirrors do indeed have shiny flecks in the black paint. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.