Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, my SRi has a visible exhaust tail pipe but its not chrome like it was on Corsa D SXi/SRi models just mild steel, however the brochure for the E has a section on accessories and there's a bit about VXR styling accessories like the VXR styling kit stuff like the side skirts, rear roof spoiler and the front and rear bumper skirts which can be added to any Corsa as an accessory, but also lists a chrome exhaust tail pipe as a VXR styling accessory, now obviously all those things are standard on there Limited Edition/SRi VX-Line, but I always just assumed it was the same as the D, you couldn't buy the chrome tip for the exhaust separely,you had to buy the full back box as the chrome tip was welded on to the mild steel tip, and that if you had a Life/SE/Club/Excite spec D and wanted the VXR styling kit you simply ordered the one with the rest skirt for cars with hidden exhaust tip, however some googling has turned this up:

http://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/corsa-e-exhaust-tip

Now I'm just wondering if this is the same tip as fitted to Limited Edition/SRi VX-Line (my exhaust is the exact same, same style and shape etc minus chrome tip) as I presume if this part is now available separately from the exhaust it must either just push on to the mild steel tip or clamp round it where I thought like the D the tip would be spot welded on at the top and bottom to the mild steel tip, could someone with a Limited Edition/SRi VX-Line check if your chrome tip is is spot welded to the mild steel one (its usually a weld at the bottom in the middle of the chrome tip and a weld at the top edge of the tip)

I want to order the part in the link, but only if its identical to the factory fitted one and fits the same as the Limited Edition/SRi Vx-Line one, which I assume it must be with a Vauxhall part number, on a genuine Vauxhall parts website.

Cheers

G

·
Look's the same, won't be able to check my VX-Line til Friday when I get home so hopefully someone can let you know beforehand.

·
Registered
501 Posts
That tip can be brought from halfrauds for around 20 notes. I got it for my corsa d design but had to alter the bumper. My Sri exhaust is visible but I'm happy with it, I want twin exhaust like the Clio cup. Just personal opinion the corsa suits twin exhausts. but the tip I mentioned just clamps onto the current exhaust, my corsa d was a hose pipe so easy this corsa thicker.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
liverpaul said:
That tip can be brought from halfrauds for around 20 notes. I got it for my corsa d design but had to alter the bumper. My Sri exhaust is visible but I'm happy with it, I want twin exhaust like the Clio cup. Just personal opinion the corsa suits twin exhausts. but the tip I mentioned just clamps onto the current exhaust, my corsa d was a hose pipe so easy this corsa thicker.
This one I linked to is supposed to be a genuine Vauxhall part that's designed specifically to fit the Corsa E exhaust, not some Halfords tat, that's why I was asking if someone with the genuine article from factory could check so I can compare and decide whether to buy it or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts