Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Corsa le 1.4t for 3 weeks now and she has been great so far, fuel economy is getting better but averaging low to high 30s but this is the only gripe I have. In the 3 weeks I have done just over 1000 miles due to the fact I love driving it haha. Mine also has a few options on like front and rear parking sensors, xenons with cornering light, auto lights and wipers and auto dimming mirror, and heated seats and steering wheel this is all the car I need...... and I'm definitely looking into remapping it soon tho haha ;) ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
AshD96, great car and absolutely stunning photo!

The poor mpg will be your driving without doubt! :lol: :lol:

Only joking. However make sure you use the gears to keep the engine in the mid rev range (1800-3500rpm) where the torque is, revving high is a waste of time (and fuel) with this engine you need to change up instead. The 1.0T is for those that like revvy engines. Also do not use the cruise control on anything but dead flat roads or it will cost you dearly in mpg. Try and keep the engine ticking over at 1800rpm and you'll get close to 60mpg without doubt. The engine is so torquey it will pull 6th at quite low speeds (say 45mph) on the flat but don't always believe the silly gear change prompt on the dash especially in hilly areas. If you change up when it suggests you'll end up getting naff economy as you'll be labouring the engine especially on inclines.

I have a 1.4T and it is getting better mpg than several friends with diesel cars!! I'm averaging 42mpg in sub 3 miles trips to town, 48mpg in rural driving with a family of four on board and I have consistently averaged 59mpg on the motorway at a steady 60mph. It will also still do 47mpg at a steady 70+mph. I've done 1600 miles in mine now, about 50% town/50% A road & motorway and my actual overall average economy is 48mpg (as shown in my fuelly badge in my sig) although the trip computer reads high by about 5% so on the trip it would show as 51mpg overall average. I have never seen less than 42mpg on my trip since buying the car even when ragging it. This is one of the finest, most fuel efficient petrol engines I've owned.

These engines deliver their power and torque in a relatively narrow band so to get best mpg takes some practise, I've driven diesel 4x4's most of my life so am used to such engine characteristics, I'm sure you'll get better mpg once you get used to it :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mud4fun, what are you trying to say? haha ;)

I do admit at times it can be down to my driving but any other time I always do what you said and drive it when the turbo is on between (1800-4000rpm) and I travel like 12 miles each day going to work and then 12 back on a dual carriage way and use cruise control at 70 and this gives me better mpg but ive never got it up above 43 when its in town it drops considerably and as I mentioned before I get low to high 30s at a push. And as for when I do rag it I get high 20s! I can forgive it to a degree because new cars do use more fuel as they run in but now im starting to question if theres a fault somewhere? I can't fault the way it drives tho and performance is seamingless with not having to rev it

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
um, does sound odd. Our local town is 5 miles away so on a trip to town the engine is not fully warmed up/on choke for first 3 miles but still gets 42mpg'ish. If warm and we do the same trip it would be 48mpg. I don't think it will because it is new engine. Mine achieved 50+mpg on the way back from the dealer with only 3 miles on the clock from new. If anything I'm starting to see even better mpg. Yesterday I managed to get 70mpg on one long 20 mile flat'ish section of the M1 but sadly that got ruined by being stuck for 2 hours in a traffic jam :-(

To only be getting 30'ish mpg suggest something is amiss somwhere assuming you haven't got a bit of lead stuck in your right boot? ;-) ;-)

PS. I really do love that lime green colour and so regretting not ordering it for Dafny :cry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I picked it up from the dealer I was averaging 30 at best on the journey home but I thought nothing of it at the time, its starting to make me concerned now. I admit I do have a heavy right foot at times but I have tried changing how I drive to see if its just me being a heavy footed oath but I haven't seen much of a change, its going back to Vauxhall tomorrow anyways to have a rattley door card and squeaky clutch pedal looked at so might mention it then see what they say.

And I love the colour I was not entirely sure on it but the day I went to pick her up I saw her on the forecourt and immediately fell in love it looks stunning in the sun because its a pearlescent finish :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am from the west midlands near derby, so like 1 hour and 45 from you roughly mate why?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Shame, was going to suggest you pop over and take a ride in mine with me driving so you could see if there was any difference in the way we drive that would explain such a vast difference? It won't be speed because I'm driving at the legal limits too other than motorway where I cruise at 60mph to save fuel. I guess I live in a rural area so roads are empty :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Possibly could soon mate, you could try driving mine and see if you can work some eco magic on it haha, I need to learn the ways ;)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Of course it could be my age ;-) I'm 46 and I believe the lead in my right foot has diminished with age. Being skint due to having a wife, three kids and three Land Rovers also means my head now thinks twice before allowing my right foot to become too buried in the floor. Just think that every time you have to accelerate or brake you are wasting fuel and you soon start driving more smoothly. It doesn't mean going any slower either, just maintaining momentum.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I do love this colour! The bolder colours really look good with the black roof, mirrors and wheels! If I was brave enough to stand out, I would definitely go with this colour, it looks amazing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.