Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to switch safety off to watch a film while driving, as when you go above 5mph it comes up with a safety message and does not display the film. Anyone know if you can switch this off?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Vicky2511, as it says for safety you can not watch a film whilst driving ?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
No, I believe it is an offense for the driver to be able to even see video (let alone be watching it) while driving so even if you claim to the copper that it was the passenger watching the film you'd still be booked. This is why you can be done for using your mobile to take in car video because normally you are using the phones forward facing camera to record video but the phones screen is then visible to the driver. To get around this I just wrap a cloth over the screen.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
my cars has a front and rear facing camera but it only comes on when in reverse. the front facing camera fitted in front of the internal mirror only works for impact alert warning and road signs, but does not show on the screen

·
Registered
895 Posts
What muf4fun has stated is correct, but what also is strange, you can use a mobile phone in a windscreen cradle etc originally designed for Sat Nav ? Bu could be used for watching film etc. This is why Fixed Vehicle Equipment manufacturers have to comply with current Safety Regulations.
If you are caught using your Mobile for streaming videos you will be fined & you may not be insured in event of accident etc ?? So best practice is not to view any video in front driver & passenger area.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I believe there is a specific exclusion in the law for sat navs and driver information aids.

In response to the original question though, I don't believe there will be an easy way to override the safety on the video. It will be a software switch so would need to be changed in the code. I'd be very surprised if there was a setting that could be changed by any user.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts