Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First 1000 miles complete in the new Corsa 1.4t SRi today. Overall I'm over the moon with this new car. The improvements over the previous car I had Corsa D SXi is massive. Firstly the interior is such a great place to be, Quality , easy to use switch gear, noise insulation is good although wind noise seems a little increased compared to the D. There seems to more swishy noise's around the front screen area at 60 plus mph.

Ride and handling is superb...This is the best Vauxhall I've driven !! Love the way the back end grips when you throw it through the country lanes !! puts a smile on your face :).. But the best part is that 1.4 T engine... Its such a flexible unit with its torque, low end pull, MPG and noise. I'm so glad i picked this engine and the gearbox is also brilliant, another Best VX gearbox i've used !!

Ok the bad bits... Clutch pedal creak after 400 miles, piss poor VX . I had this on my D. The black alloys are a bitch to clean, The fronts bumper is a massive fly catcher and a bitch to clean.

Here's to the next 1000 miles and beyond :)

Once Driven Forever Smitten

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it :)

I agree absolutely with all your points above even after the 5K miles I've now done.

If you think the handling is good on your comfort chassis I can assure you it is even better on the sports chassis.

I would add that on mine tyre noise is also bad but I have the 215 wide tyres on 17" rims which are noisier than the skinnier ones on the comfort chassis.

I also had a squeaky clutch pedal but I fixed that in 30 seconds with some white grease.

The 1.4T is a fantastic unit and on my commute is returning diesel like mpg while giving great sporty performance on the local rural roads.

However I would actually rate it as my 3rd favourite VX. Number 1 for me was an Astra 1.8 sport which despite being non turbo was still quicker than my 1.4T Corsa and was a hoot to drive, in part because it had no driver aids and required more driver involvement. Number 2 for me was a 1.8 Cavalier. It was surprisingly sprightly and yet was a superb long distance cruising car and I have fond memories of weekends away with my girlfriend at the time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LeachiE said:
Stevewolves, how do you find that engine around town? I'm still trying to decide which engine to go for!
I've found the 1.4t works perfectly fine around town especially with its low end grunt and MPG is pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.