Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked up my new car earlier this morning. First impressions are - very comfy, gearbox very different to the Ibizas but lovely and smooth. Yes, I have the passenger visor mirror BUT I also have the digital speedo!! :eek: As soon as I turned the key it was there on the screen. So I have the improved speedo dial as well as the digital speedo which I am rather pleased about. One thing though, there is no mpg reading on the trip computer, so unless I haven't found it yet, I don't have that and I will miss that function! I don't think the older Excite trim had it either though.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have MPG reading - the excite doesn't have the digital speedo.

It's ironic that they added the digital speedo, when they added the new speedometer markings... Just when you don't need them.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: Yep, I know! Shame I don't have the mpg screen though. Twisting the stalk shows: digital speed, trip 1 and trip 2. Vehicle settings shows tyre pressures, oil life and I can't remember what else. Was shocked to see the digital speedo, but glad about that as I love it! Just have to wait until I fill her up again to get a proper mpg reading.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm surprised it doesn't have an Instantaneous MPG - there's no reason not to have it, the LE does.. They effectively made themselves more work by having to remove that screen...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... and add the digital speedo! Why take off some things and put others on? Surely it would be far easier for everyone (including the factory) if all cars had the same one!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pleased the wait is over! Enjoy.

While I waited for mine the garage lent be an excite. It had the digital speed readout and the multi trip computer

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Eh, hang on, while you may not have instant mpg you surely still have avg mpg/avg speed on the trip screens???? Just reset the trip when you fill up and it will show you your average for the tank. It doesn't change as rapidly as the instant mpg but it still changes every 30 seconds or so.

Does your trip screen not look like this:

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope it doesn't look like that. It just scrolls between dig milo, trip 1 and trip 2. :/ I'll take a pic later.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Oh OK. How odd. I love my MFTC and is one of the main reasons I opted for a more expensive trim as I use it all the time, I have the instant mpg up for 90% of my driving. I was a bit annoyed originally that they stated it was only on SRi, LE and SE and then we discovered people with Excites had it. Maybe Vauxhall saw the error of their ways and corrected it?

Gutted for you though as I know you liked it as much as me. :-(

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, gutted! I used tgat screen all the time in the Ibiza. Do I need to press menu on either trip 1 or 2 maybe? Haven't had much time to sit and fiddle with everything yet!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Looks good, mine doesn't have a passenger sun visor though - I only noticed this after I left and I shall be bringing it up with them, I also found that 'rattle' today that people said comes from the left-side (front?) of the car and my gear-stick vibrates with the engine, not sure if that's normal for the 5-speed as the 6-speed gearbox wasn't doing that but bar all that I can't comment anything bad!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great little car isn't it?! I'm well chuffed! Found the doors need a good slam as the hinges are quite stiff, and the gear stick needs to loosen up a little, but I love her already! Even got her onto the awkward driveway first time too, even if it did bring me out in a hot sweat, lol!

Mud, I have tried everything to get the mpg screen and I don't think it's there. Pressing the menu button whilst on trip 1 or 2 just switches to the vehicle info screen. I do have ambient lighting from the rear view mirror though.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Wait, your trip screens don't even have MPG on them?

More money saving right there - that's an entire component able to be removed.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope! Not that I can find anyway. It scrolls through digital speedo, trip 1 and trip 2 and that's it! I am disappointed that I don't have the mpg screen as That was the one function I used every day with the Ibiza.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One other thing I noticed is that screw caps on the tyre dust caps are silver rather than black. A nice little touch there I think!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First night drive tonight and I loved the fact that the lights turned themselves on! Also tried the heated seats for the first time and WOW! I thought it was only the seat base that got warm rather than the backrest too - that was a surprise! When I first got in and tried to start her up the key wouldn't turn and the theft attempt light came on along with the message on the screen. Not sure what all that was about though, but took the key out and tried again and it was fine, just hit reset to get rid of the message. The reverse light was brighter than I was expecting too, so all's good with that!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been on a longer journey today, to my parent's house. Ok, to most of you guys it's a short journey, but anyhow, it gave me chance to test her out on some nsl roads and get her into 6th gear! Now I'm getting used to the gearbox it really is nice and easy to change gear. I realise even more not that the Ibiza could really have done with a 6th gear too. Still missing that mpg screen a lot though. Would have been nice to compare that to the Ibiza's, but at least the digital speedo (that I really love) kind of makes up for it a little bit.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I sometimes feel this normal 1.4 could do with a 6th gear but I've only really noticed on motorways, I'm thankful for the digital speedo it's so useful and I notice mine has a 'timer' which I've never used but that wasn't on the MY15 models?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My old Astra Sport had a stopwatch, great feature for a boy racer, used to time ourselves racing around Greenham Common airbase. Probably why Vauxhall got rid of it...... ;-) ;-)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts