Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I took my E on its first long run to Cornwall. I set the speed limiter and had a nice clear run all the way, the car managed 400 miles out of a tank of fuel with 285 miles of that almost non stop motorway and duel carriageway.

The car was fantastic, smooth but I did end up with a numb bum lol

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ANTsting-R said:
LimeyUK said:
ANTsting-R said:
I have the 1.0t engine, I set the limiter to 75.
Do Stings not have Cruise control, or did you just opt not to use it?
They do have it but it would have used more fuel.
I find that on the flatter roads the CC is perfectly economical. Obviously if there are frequent inclines then it is better to go manual.

Would be interesting to see how the MPG produced by a similar trip using CC compares to your one here.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hey Ant, can you define 'tank of fuel' please????? :)

If that was 45 litres then I'd expect far more than 400 miles to a tank, mine gets 400 miles to 30-35 litres and would get 500-550 miles to a full 45 litres. (Mostly motorway or fast A road) I'm guessing you filled up at either just one white bar left or when it went red? That is normally about 38 litres required to fill up?

I would be fascinated to know as I assume the cars without trips still have the same stupid fuel gauge as the ones with trips where it has a 150-200 miles 'reserve' ;-)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tank was filled to the very brim and I put more in once it got to one white bar left, as I tend to do, so it probably had quite a few miles left to be honest but still very happy considering the 1lt engine against some big Cornish hills :)

The motorway driving was 285 miles and I had three bars showing so around a quarter left

In all I did 780 miles on just over a tank and half.

And finally broke the 2000 miles make lol

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
BTW, I use cruise control for about 80% of my 125 mile commute to work. The only section I avoid using it is on the stretch of the M1 from J32 down to J28 as there are some really steep inclines and I get better mpg driving manually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.