Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the car in for its first service, as I have a 2 year service plan with Arnold Clark I took out when I bought the car I can't comment on the cost, I noticed on my service plan letter it said only servicing as per the manufacturer schedule was covered under the plan so at 1 year/20k for the Corsa I was worried it wouldn't be covered, spoke to the service receptionist I usually deal with and she said it was odd my car was needing done so early 8.5 months old and 10k miles, pointed out the oil life was now at 0% and the change engine oil soon message on. She then said it could be due to lots of short trips or stop start driving that the car had decided it would need done now, I explained I knew this and that the handbook said the same and that I wanted it done as if I left it for another 3 months till it turned a year old I'd be driving on oil with no quality left in it and if anything went wrong warranty may refuse it blaming it on the car not being serviced now, so she sent down for authorisation and the service plan dept at Arnold Clark need office authorised it.

It was in all day as it needed another couple of things looking at: knocking from front wipers: needed adjusted. Passenger wiper blade missing bottom corner of screen I think due to the fact the blade edge sits off the screen and doesn't touch when parked, it doesn't start touching the screen until its past the bit its missing: adjusted blade. Mentioned the display for front parking sensors showing how close I was to an object came up on Intellilink screen the other day and wouldn't go away, despite my car not having parking sensors: software update performed on Intellilink. Excess play/movement in gear lever when in neutral and in gear: normal and confirmed by checking a brand new Corsa. Squealing from radiator cooling fan as it gradually slows to a stop when it continues running for about 20secs after the engine is switched off, I know its the fan itself as I've listened under the bonnet whilst getting someone else to switch engine off and the sound is coming from the fan: dealer says its actually the fan belt itself and they've lubricated it. Drivers seat foam collapsing: they say its fine at the moment and if submitted for a warranty claim would be rejected by Vauxhall but to keep an eye on it getting worse and take it back in ASAP if it does as trim, paintwork and so on only covered by warranty for 12 months.

Anti corrosion check also carried out so as well as service book stamped for service the anti corrosion section all stamped in case of any perforation issues, however despite date, mileage and oil viscosity used and dealer stamp, tick boxes for both service actions and corrosion check actions left blank. Coolant temp not filled in, next service due date/miles not filled in, and whether interim or main service not ticked. Not a big issues as its stamped up but it must just be me who when I fill in paperwork fill in everything that needs filled in. If the paperwork's not done right it just makes me think what havent they done/missed in the car. Invoice wasn't the usual itemised bill showing what they'd done, a description and a list of the parts replaced and the new parts as a list and the oil brand and quantity used like all Arnold Clark dealers put on the invoice if you are paying for the work yourself. Instead invoice has 1 line "1st Vauxhall service carried out to manufacturer specification - service plan" and stepped to the back is the inspection check sheet which has a list of stuff the tech has to replace/renew or check and inspect and a box to tick/cross if its been done/not done so basically a box ticking exercise.

Car was washed and hoovered apparently (doubt they hoovered it as the inside was immaculate as I just valeted it myself on Sunday. Supposed to have been washed but I washed it on Sunday too, and it has been raining all day, and was pitch black. Not that I'm fussed I'd prefer them not to wash or hoover it, just forgot to tell them not to this morning)

As I have a service plan you get a "car care kit" with first service, that's a joke, an Arnold Clark branded magic tree, a pack of Arnold Clark post it notes, a wind up torch and a microfibre demister pad in a zip up bag, hardly car care kit but a nice touch nonetheless.

Only gripe is part of the service is to check tyre tread, pressure, condition and adjust the tyre pressures , my TPMS is on Eco mode and my pressures were 39 front and 37 rear which is correct for a 1.4 n/a on Eco. However going by the TPMS display on the MFTC the Vauxhall tech has adjusted them to 34 psi all round which on checking the book is the pressure for the 1.0 and 1.4 Turbo engines with TPMS set to light load, maybe he just checked whatever they check in the workshop for tyre pressures and saw an engine code beginning B14 and assumed it was the right one as if our manuals have the wrong codes maybe the dealers lists do too.

Overall so far so good, no issues which is unusual for AC as usually they are hopeless and mess something up, although never had any bother with this particular branch which is one of their better ones. Didn't use their branch I bought the car from as its too big and busy that things get missed. Corners cut and things not done right, not impressed with the sales experience there and they broke my aerial and dislodged the DAB connection wiring in the past when it's been in.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks for the update. It reminds me to tell dealer not to change my tyre pressures. :)

I normally run eco too, although backed them off a bit for winter so currently running 37 front, 34 rear.

I don't hold out much hope of my paperwork getting filled out properly. They got all the details wrong on the PDI even down to putting the wrong colour in there.

I could understand if they had put green as the official name is limelight green even though car is yellow but they put blue initially!!! Then corrected it and still put the wrong colour in.

Not sure I even want a VX mechanic near my car, tempted to do work myself as my experience of the younger generation of technicians is not good. I don't think it is an exaggeration to say my 11 year old daughter knows more about engines than many technicians. (She knows how to strip down, rebuild and tune an engine without needing a computer to tell her what is wrong! :) )

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some pics if anyones interested, this is what you can expect when your first service is done:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts