Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good Evening ORHBlackpool, I had my last red corsa treated by the dealer, and it was still good after 3 years when i took it back. Hope this helps red is a tricky colour to keep in TOP condition if not treated. :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
To be fair, it isn't just the red that fades. I have had numerous cars over the years that have faded, the majority being solid colours. I have no doubt my limelight green is just as prone to fade. Metallics are the best paints to stay looking fresh for longest. Our drive is in full sun for most of the day which doesn't help, my wife's Land Rovers fresh new dark blue paint went light blue in just three years despite being waxed. The problem with red is that it fades to pink which is not as acceptable as faded blue or green :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
mud4fun said:
To be fair, it isn't just the red that fades. I have had numerous cars over the years that have faded, the majority being solid colours. I have no doubt my limelight green is just as prone to fade. Metallics are the best paints to stay looking fresh for longest. Our drive is in full sun for most of the day which doesn't help, my wife's Land Rovers fresh new dark blue paint went light blue in just three years despite being waxed. The problem with red is that it fades to pink which is not as acceptable as faded blue or green :)
with metallics you get the shine from the clear with solid colours the shine is part of the paint (2k) if you wash and wax it regularly and try to keep it out the sun it shouldn't be an issue. In this country paint fade isn't that common unless you live near the sea where it gets attacked by salt which also makes it fade....and rust.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Ah, I live near the sea. I also do 30K miles a year of which about 10K is in winter on over salted UK roads so my cars and trucks get exposed to alot of salt. Added to the fact our drive is in full sun most of the day probably explains the rapid fade!

·
Registered
75 Posts
mud4fun said:
Ah, I live near the sea. I also do 30K miles a year of which about 10K is in winter on over salted UK roads so my cars and trucks get exposed to alot of salt. Added to the fact our drive is in full sun most of the day probably explains the rapid fade!
Indeed I'd wash and wax it once a week and it will be fine regardless of paint finish

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
What wax would you recommend to limit the fading? I use auto glym at the moment but it doesn't seem to be very good. I think the turtle wax I used to get years ago was better and lasted longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went to my local dealer yesterday and liked the look of the dark sea blue so I may stump up the extra for that over the red with the hope it might be a little easier to take care of too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mud4fun said:
What wax would you recommend to limit the fading? I use auto glym at the moment but it doesn't seem to be very good. I think the turtle wax I used to get years ago was better and lasted longer.
If your washing it every week if reccomend the autoglym Aqua wax or you can try the maquires Aqua wax they are about £13 from halfrauds.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ORHBlackpool said:
Thanks for the replies. I went to my local dealer yesterday and liked the look of the dark sea blue so I may stump up the extra for that over the red with the hope it might be a little easier to take care of too.
Yes go for it I have the dark sea blue colour!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.