Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi mate

I have had fog lights on the past three cars I had and never used them, they make no difference whatsoever and are the most pointless things.

I hate it when you see these people driving around with them on along with the dipped beam (illegally) dazzling other drivers.

Anyway each to their own and rant over haha.

If you do want them I'd suggest buying some off ebay for the corsa D as they will proberbly fit or speak to lush lighting on here.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Front fog lights are very useful on vehicles where the main light units are high up on the front of the car such as a large 4x4. When you get dense fog those high placed main lights bounce of the fog giving no view of the road itself. Low slung fog lamps mounted under the bumper highlight the couple of feet just above the road surface where fog is less dense. They work great on all the 4x4's and jap pickups I've owned.

The problem with the corsa is that its main lights are already very low so the fogs won't have anywhere near the same benefits especially if they haven't been fitted properly.

I too hate people that drive with fog lights on when it is not foggy. Especially numpties who put their rear fogs on at night when it rains - totally dazzling all motorists behind them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mud4fun said:
Front fog lights are very useful on vehicles where the main light units are high up on the front of the car such as a large 4x4. When you get dense fog those high placed main lights bounce of the fog giving no view of the road itself. Low slung fog lamps mounted under the bumper highlight the couple of feet just above the road surface where fog is less dense. They work great on all the 4x4's and jap pickups I've owned.

The problem with the corsa is that its main lights are already very low so the fogs won't have anywhere near the same benefits especially if they haven't been fitted properly.

I too hate people that drive with fog lights on when it is not foggy. Especially numpties who put their rear fogs on at night when it rains - totally dazzling all motorists behind them.
100% agree mud4fun

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks bluesam :)

I guess EU / NCAP pedestrian crash safety legislation has meant the front of cars are now lower meaning the main lights now sit much lower than they did many years ago largely negating the need for separate fogs. I remember my Dads Ford Granada from the 80's had a very tall flat frontal area with the main lights much higher than what we now see on the Corsa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.